Other melodic death bands...

Sort of off topic, but Behemoth and Cannibal Corpse and In Flames are playing at Sounds of the Underground, but theres crap bands like As I lay Dying crappy bands like that :(

Dmanx Pit said:
Equilibrium from Germany is an amazing band.

Omg I'm not the only after all. Turis Fratyr is very close being the best album of 2005. Havent heard so professional made keyboards in metal since the best days of Blind Guardian.

Get yourself Autumn Leave's second album. Easily the best melodic death metal album ever. The first album is a bit better, but it's closer to technical death metal.

Dark Tranquility guys... Dark Tranquility(From Sweden)... and almost as good as Kalmah:D, mabye better :O. Anyway its hard to compare good Death/Black Metal bands. GET THE ALBUM CHARACTER BY DARK TRANQUILITY!!!!!

I like Norther too but they have a totally different sound. They're not as melodic.

logo_senators.gif

Scar Symmetry - Pitch Black Progress!!! IMO one of the best melodic death album released so far this year! For those who still havent' heard of them need to check em out.! They're signed with Nuclear Blast playing kick ass melodic death metal. Seriously the vocalist (from Unmoored and Solar Dawn) fame did a kick ass job on this album. His vocal really reminds me of the brutal death growl yet beautiful clean vocals of Dan Swano on his Crimson albums or even Mikael from Opeth. Musically this is like a mix of Soilwork, In Flames and maybe those clean moments from Edge of Sanity. Its definitely worth a try. New album is out in the US May 2nd!!!!

Check out full songs on www.myspace.com/scarsymmetry or click on my banner of samples to check out short samples from all the songs of their new album!!! let me know what you guys think!!

Infernium said:
Omg I'm not the only after all. Turis Fratyr is very close being the best album of 2005. Havent heard so professional made keyboards in metal since the best days of Blind Guardian.

i saw them live at wacken 05 :) theyre awesome

Hello, I would like to give you guys a link about my band.

We are from Greece.

myspace.com/stillfallingband

We are kinda melodic, soon we get more stuff up.

I don't know if you guys have heard of this band but to me they sound nearly IDENTICAL to Kalmah (a lot less dark but still have that "epic" feel!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Also if it hasn't been mentioned yet, check out the youtube channel "Oabbasi". Pretty much every week or so the guy uploads a new MELODIC DEATH METAL song to his account from bands that you've more than likely never heard of. And it's mainly really great material. The guy's channel is like a melodeath goldmine!

That was a great song. And lol at "melodeath gold mine". It's so true... the genre has a lot of great songs that are buried and no one hears them.

I don't know if you guys would call this melodic deathmetal, but try out Mercenary from Denmark. I highly recommend the albums The Hours That Remain and Architect Of Lies. Really great, sometimes brutal and sometimes very melodic. Check out!