Some Different Melodic Death

UnjustCompromise

The Alphamale
Mar 18, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Im looking for some epic grandoise shit here. I have most of the melo death mainstays in Eternal Tears of Sorrow, Mors Principium Est, At The Gates, Etc Etc. But im looking for something new nd different? Any help?

Amorphis - The Karelian Isthmus
Arghoslent - anything
At the Gates - The Red in the Sky is Ours
At the Gates - With Fear I Kiss The Burning Darkness
Eucharist - A Velvet Creation
Necrophobic - The Nocturnal Silence
The Chasm - anything (my pick: Deathcult for Eternity)

Armageddon - Crossing the Rubicon
Edge of Sanity - Spectral Sorrows and Unorthodox
Rudra - The Aryan Crusade

About that: I have difficulty in establishing that as either a black or death metal album. At times the guitar work is so death while at other times, the riffs are black sounding. Clarify?

Soulside Journey is a death metal album, but you can tell that there's the black influence that's presented obviously in their albums after that. It's an alright album but never really got into it as much as I did A Blaze in the Northern Sky or any of their black metal ones that I own.

Edit: To stay on topic, I'll recommend Therion's Beyond Sanctorum because it's such a great album and in my opinion is way better than any of their orchestral stuff. Try out Demonoid's Riders of the Apoclypse as well, it's in no way as good as Beyond Sancotrum but it's by some of the current members of Therion and their "return" to heavier roots.

Christie_fell said:
About that: I have difficulty in establishing that as either a black or death metal album. At times the guitar work is so death while at other times, the riffs are black sounding. Clarify?

Definitely death, I'd say. Also awesome.

Swedish DM is great, At The Gates on the other hand just was nothing special. I've only heard 'Slaughter of The Soul' though. No idea why people really like that album.