Some Different Melodic Death

The Greys said:
Swedish DM is great, At The Gates on the other hand just was nothing special. I've only heard 'Slaughter of The Soul' though. No idea why people really like that album.

Check out their older stuff, most of it is void of the rock-ish and conventional melodies that Slaughter of the Soul has. The Red in the Sky is Ours is a really good album, With Fear I Kiss the Burning Darkness isn't too bad either and Terminal Spirit Disease was at most decent.

Episteme said:
Check out their older stuff, most of it is void of the rock-ish and conventional melodies that Slaughter of the Soul has. The Red in the Sky is Ours is a really good album, With Fear I Kiss the Burning Darkness isn't too bad either and Terminal Spirit Disease was at most decent.

Do not forget to check out Gardens of Grief too.

Necro Joe said:
Epock of Unlight are pretty cool, if a bit lacking in real bite.

*Epoch

You know, I noticed something about them too...I can't really put my fingure on it but I think it's probably the complete lack of measurable extremity. They're simply just there...not very engaging...good technical songwriting, but most of the tracks feel like five-or-so minute-long fills on every instrument. Very disjointed.