Some Different Melodic Death

Yes Hopeless Hopes is also very good. I wouldn't consider them melodic death either, but they have some great riffwork. Nonetheless, good band.

J. said:
for the best Edge of Sanity experience, stick with Unorthodox and Spectral Sorrows.

Out of those two I've heard 'Unorthodox' which is an amazing album. There is just something about 'Crimson 2' that pleases my ears more, just like it more. They are both a lot different and offer things each does not. I guess it could depend sometimes which one is better.

Martyr rule. I have the guitar tab book of both full lengths which is always a nice challenge.

I just got Warp Zone and it is definitely not melo-death. Sounds like they have a heavy Death influence to me. As in Chuck Schuldiner Death.

The Greys said:
Out of those two I've heard 'Unorthodox' which is an amazing album. There is just something about 'Crimson 2' that pleases my ears more, just like it more. They are both a lot different and offer things each does not. I guess it could depend sometimes which one is better.

I didn't like Crimson 2 at all really. Purgatory Afterglow and Crimson are certainly worth a look for the more melodc death metal sound from EoS.

I've just always found something magical in Unorthodox and Spectral Sorrows. The debut isn't horrible, but it's not essential either, it's pretty much standard old school Swedish death.

Martyr is so much better than Neuraxis, you can't even compare both anyways. They are a lot different than each other. Martyr is not melodic death metal. Sure it has melody but it does not mean it is in the genre 'melodic death metal' or is.