Recommend Finnish music

NoLimit

New Metal Member
Jun 15, 2013
Hey guys, was wondering if y'all could recommend some other great bands from Finland. Not necessarily metal either.

I have these Finnish bands on heavy rotation:

COB
Kalmah
Mors Principium Est
Sonata Arctica
HIM
Ensiferum
Moonsorrow
Norther
Wintersun
Skyfire
Imperanon

just to name a few.

ALSO... if anyone knows the phase effect/keyboard Kalmah uses on songs like Human Fates, that would be a huge bonus. i fucking love that sound

Here's all the Finnish bands I listen to...

Melodic Death Metal

Cadacross
Children of Bodom
Diablo
Immortal Souls
Imperanon
Kalmah
Mors Principium Est
Norther
Wintersun

Folk Metal

Brymir
Ensiferum
Turisas

Power Metal

Avalon (Timo Tolkki)
Battle Beast
Cain's Offering
Dreamtale
Sonata Arctica
Stratovarius
Symfonia
Twilightning

Symphonic Metal

Nightwish

Metal

Kotiteollisuus

Bands from other countries

Melodic Death Metal

Euphoreon
Skyfire

Folk Metal

Equilibrium

Power Metal

Angra
Blind Guardian
Evertale
Heavenly
Lost Horizon
Orden Ogan
Sinbreed
Theocracy
Unisonic

Symphonic Metal

Dragonland

That's pretty much everything I listen to.

Hey guys, was wondering if y'all could recommend some other great bands from Finland. Not necessarily metal either.

I have these Finnish bands on heavy rotation:

COB
Kalmah
Mors Principium Est
Sonata Arctica
HIM
Ensiferum
Moonsorrow
Norther
Wintersun
Skyfire
Imperanon

just to name a few.

ALSO... if anyone knows the phase effect/keyboard Kalmah uses on songs like Human Fates, that would be a huge bonus. i fucking love that sound

Skyfire is Swedish FYI.

The 69 Eyes, check albums Blessed Be and Devils.

Timo Rautiainen & Trio Niskalaukaus
, check album Rajaportti, best heavy rock there exists.

To/Die/For, check album Epilogue, it's the first CD I ever bought and it's probably my all time top 2 favourite after Follow the Reaper. Fucking weird, isn't it, as FTR was the 2nd CD I ever bought.

I must've had supernatural instinct. Then again, how depressing is it, had I known I will NEVER find CD's I like more, despite listening to thousands upon thousands of CD's. Those are nostalgia albums for sure (as is HIM's Razorblade Romance which is the 3rd album I ever bought and probably my all time 3rd favourite) but I don't explain that with nostalgia, they just are bloody good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finnish death metal is pretty neat. I would strongly recommend Torture Killer and Desecresy. Witheria is cool too, sort of progressive thrash with heavy Schuldiner influences.

Mokoma
Turmion Kätilöt
Korpiklaani
Wolfhorde
Brymir
Finntroll (they are finnish-swedish afaik)
Kivimetsän Druidi
Cryhavok

Finntroll is gay

Saw them live a couple ov years ago and they had constant doublebass going on with a darkish folkmelody, they really did good work with the blasting thing, they work live but not on CD. Oh and saw them in 2004 back when they still did memorable music.

I see no one remembered of Codeon, weird, guys got their style surely, having Necrophagist guitarist is a bonus

Sounds, but absolutely no understanding of how to create epic flow into music. There's no plot, it's everything in a blender.

Sad that the start of the metal is unnecessarily brutal, I could picture a softer start, rather than this grinding at the beginning... the second verse grind is ok, imo. Luckily the rest of the song are hold the atmosphere.

Just found these guys, Whispered. Maybe some of you guys have heard them?

I've heard of them and occasionally listen to them from Spotify. Might have even seen them live as a warm up to someone but I can't remember whether it was them or just someone with somewhat similar music.