Other melodic death bands...

I'm mostly tired of idiots who think every melodeath band is a cob clone. The genre existed before cob even started and even if you think that some bands take heavy influence from cob, that should be only positive if you like cob.

I agree with Infernium, and i think its normal for bands from the same genre to have certain aspects in common, in the end the similarities between the bands define a genre, but respecting the genres caracteristics.

insomnium are cool but their latest album has too much metalcore influence, the vocals sound more metalcore-ish that of Death vocals, I prefer their debut album. metalcore sux dick anyway......

i dont think their considered melodic death but one of my favorite bands is At The Gates, one of the original creators of death metal, in my opinion

If you're sick of these newbie melodeath bands that combine thrash and melodies and try to be so fucking heavy and sound all the same, then try these ones:

Garden of Shadows - They have very long songs (over 8 minutes all) with loads of great riffs and keyboard melodies.

Noumena - They remind me of In Flames's Colony-era. Very impressive Gothenburg-like riffs, very different from other new melodeath bands I think.

Sacrilege - Early melodic death from the mid-90's. More shredding riffs and Gothenburg-melodies.

Swallow the Sun - Melodic doom and death, slow but extremely good. The new album isn't that good, though.

Embraced - Their first album is all about long songs, plenty of riffs and especially piano melodies. They didn't use any other keyboard effects apart from piano, so they sounded original. Their second album was different, more synth effects. They are working on the new album at the moment...

Enter My Silence - Massive Gothenburg-style melodies, but otherwise they aren't that special.

And early Covenant...especially the song Bringer of the Sixth Song. I think it's more like melodic black but anyway melodic black and death are sometimes very similar genres.

you guys are all naming some ok bands, but if you want some real melodic death check out The Forsaken and Quo Vadis. Dead of Night, too.