Can you suggest bands that are similar to Sinergy ?

BoogieMk1

Jun 25, 2003
Northern Ireland
Visit site
hi there

im from northern ireland,i was searching on the les paul forum for metal bands that retain melodic content, good vocals and power riffing and searing solos, im an avid guitar player myself, 22 yrs playing and appreciate these qualities.

i came across Sinergy and was floored by Alexi Laiho`s stunning guitar work and the oh so excellent vocals and melody. Can you suggest any other bands similar to the vein sinergy would be in ? I did not like nevermore nor opeth and im currently listening to shadows fall, though i find the gruff vocals a bit hard to get used to.

thanks for any choices tendered. :wave:

BoogieMk1 said:
hi there

im from northern ireland,i was searching on the les paul forum for metal bands that retain melodic content, good vocals and power riffing and searing solos, im an avid guitar player myself, 22 yrs playing and appreciate these qualities.

i came across Sinergy and was floored by Alexi Laiho`s stunning guitar work and the oh so excellent vocals and melody. Can you suggest any other bands similar to the vein sinergy would be in ? I did not like nevermore nor opeth and im currently listening to shadows fall, though i find the gruff vocals a bit hard to get used to.

thanks for any choices tendered. :wave:
Sinergy are unique,and are also one of my faves. If you are looking for metal with clean vocals and lead guitars I would recommend Primal Fear,Avantasia,Hammerfall,Dream Evil,Kamelot,Iced Earth,Sinner,and Twisted Tower Dire. None of these sound exactly like Sinergy, they all have male vocalists, but they all have good singers, and they all have lead guitars in their songs.

BoogieMk1 said:
hey thanks a lot budy, ill check em out :D

grinchmob..................youre not jon off LPF are ya who i feel hasnt mastered that sweep arpeggio yet .are ya ? :wave:

jimmy the potatohead :D

Yep Jim,

I saw yer post on the LPF and thought I would come over here and check it out. Cool place which is a lot more in tune with what I do.

When ya gonna be a man and get an OLD Marshall again? :loco:

Lawyertop Jon :wave:

If you like Laiho then check out the other band he plays in called Children of Bodom.
You also might want to check out Euphrosyne. The Sinergy drummers brother sings in Euphrosyne.
www.euphrosyne.net
A similar band to Children of Bodom is called Norther.

Immortal Death said:
For clean vocals and excellent guitar work,

Iced Earth
Control Denied
Hammerfall
Symphony X
Nightwish (Operatic Vocals)
Dream Theater

DAMN.... i was gonna say that!!.... excelent bands with amazing musicians.

Specially Dream Theater and Nightwish!!!!

By the way i'm going to see them live on September!!!!