these EUROPEAN metal bands just nail ya to the wall !!

Another great band who have a killer album out this year is Kamelot. Their new one is called "Epica" and its a masterpiece to me. The bands finest work yet. They are from America.

Another fucking great Power Metal band, from Finland, is Sonata Arctica. I have loved these guys forever, but they are definitely an acquired taste, sorta speak. If you like Helloween, Stratovarius, and Rhapsody, you will love these guys. Their lyrics are in English which makes for a good laugh!

christcrusher said:
Another fucking great Power Metal band, from Finland, is Sonata Arctica. I have loved these guys forever, but they are definitely an acquired taste, sorta speak. If you like Helloween, Stratovarius, and Rhapsody, you will love these guys. Their lyrics are in English which makes for a good laugh!

I actually heard Sonata Arctica on American radio tonight. Theres a show here in Jersey where every Saturday night they play a power metal tune because they are slowly trying to break these bands in. They played "Victorias Secret" off the new Sonata Arctica album Winters Heart Guild. It was a really good song and I enjoyed it alot. I am gonna go out and buy this album soon. They remind me alot of Stratovarius so if you like Strato this band is for you.

TheGraveDigger said:
I actually heard Sonata Arctica on American radio tonight. Theres a show here in Jersey where every Saturday night they play a power metal tune because they are slowly trying to break these bands in. They played "Victorias Secret" off the new Sonata Arctica album Winters Heart Guild. It was a really good song and I enjoyed it alot. I am gonna go out and buy this album soon. They remind me alot of Stratovarius so if you like Strato this band is for you.

What show/station/time, i should listen.

iAMtheblackwizards said:
What show/station/time, i should listen.

Every Saturday night from 8pm until midnight on 105.5 fm WDHA. It is a four hour show called the Tour Bus. They mostly play 80's glam metal like Ratt, Motley Crue, Poison, Dokken and stuff in that direction but they also play alot of stuff like Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Dio, Savatage etc. Each week between 10:30 and 10:45 is when they have PMS (Power Metal Selection). So far since they have been doing the segment they have played bands like Blind Guardian, Evergrey, Hammerfall, Symphony X, Stratovarius, Seven Witches, Dream Evil, Iced Earth, Lost Horizon, Grave Digger, Helloween, Primal Fear, Sinner, and more. Also at 11pm each week they have the Road Rage segment in which they play stuff like early Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Testament, Exodus, etc. So you really get a great variety of metal when listening to the show and there is absolutely no nu metal.

I´ve been in a Stratovarius concert, with Rapsody, and Sonata Artica, as support bands. Both Rapsody and Sonata Artica, were still very unknown bands, it was during Stratovarius Infinite Tour.

But this Power Metal genre, grow old fast, I used to like it at the time, but got tired of it.

What those bands do is nothing more than recycle what Helloween and Malmsteen did, back in the 80´s, which wasn´t that great anyway.