In search of melodic death metal bands

I recently rediscovered Necrophobic's Nocturnal Silence. What a great album.

I never thought I'd see the day when I'd seriously disagree with SculptedCold on something, but Vehemence's HTWTS is a kickass album. I'm sorry, man, but a great deal of the album owns mightily.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
HERESY!

Don't listen to him! The new album is fucking dsfiourdgioucftkurdt melodic death. And I don't use that adjective often.
Yeha, I actually like the second album more.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
SECONDED TO INFINITY. Except a few.

Have you heard Autumn Leaves?

Devy_Metal said:
check out dimension zero, a side project of jesper stromblad from in flames. basically they continued on the path that in flames left some time ago...brutal, fast, heavy and melodic as hell. silent night fever is a must own album.
I don't own Silent Night Fever, but I own This is Hell and it was pretty good, though I got tired in something like 2 or 3 weeks.
I listened to This is Hell again and I remember now why I got tired so fast: all the songs sound pretty much the same. The drumming doesn't really shine in that album, always the same beat on every songs.

Dimension Zero are fucking awful. One riff per song + old drunk guy vocals + snare snare snare snare snayuasttrofirutdg drum beat = GAH FUCK THIS.

In any case, yes Intestine Baalism's newest is a lot better than their first, but the first is by no means bad. In fact, it's actually no less than a 90 by me.

Oh, definitely. I wasn't inferring that it was bad, but just that it was not as good as the newest.

I've got Anatomy of the Beast on seedie, and I really like it for the odd spin. Good mix of rockin' heavy DM and outstanding melody. I've got Banquet in the Darkness on mp3 but really haven't paid attention to it yet. Relevantly, I didn't properly appreciate Anatomy... until I had it and listened to it on seedie. I tend to not really concentrate on music when it's mp3.

And anony, i'm sorry we disagree about Helping the World To See! Trust me, I wish I could like it; it's a shame that amazing Benscoter artwork is wasted on a sucky album, but really, as objectively as I can possibly be, I don't find anything redeemable about that album. Check my review of it on metal-archives for my more detailed opinion of it if you're interested.

Yeah Vehemence are pretty overrated if you ask me. Helping The World To See seemed more like a collection of random tracks than an album to me, and God Was Created is OK, if a bit goofy at times.

Melodeath said:

Haha sorry. Nope. What're they like?

really awesome melo-death that no one seems to no about other than me. haha
They split up, but they are probably still my favorite melo-death band.

Nah, guys...no hard feelings over Vehemence. Objectively speaking, I can see how someone could find them overrated.

A question as well...Fear factory's earlier albums have heavy death elements, but also have melodic vocals and industrial-influenced guitarwork and keyboards and the like. Could that be considered a different brand of melodic death?

Melodeath said:
really awesome melo-death that no one seems to no about other than me. haha
They split up, but they are probably still my favorite melo-death band.

I have the pleasure of owning "As Night Conquers Day". A magnificent piece of melodic death, if you ask me.

Crimson Velvet said:
I have the pleasure of owning "As Night Conquers Day". A magnificent piece of melodic death, if you ask me.
That rules. When/form where did you buy it? I wish I could have it on CD.

hey thanks for all the replys.
I don't really have a computer (i'm using a public comp)
so i can't download songs but I've looked around shops
and found a couple of albums you guys suggested.

I found Dimension Zero's "This is Hell"
I like the speed and fast riffing but...that's it.
it kinda gets repetitious and boring after a while (kinda like Carnal Forge)
Although they are pretty cool but i only had a few songs i liked.
I also found Eucharist's "Mirrorworlds" but they weren't really my taste.
If the sound overall was a bit more clearer and not so muddy I probably
would've liked them. I like the two instrumentals they did though.

I've seen Intestine Baalism mentioned on this thread a lot so i've been
looking out for them but I couldn't find them. They're from japan right?
I'm in the US, are their albums released here?
Anyways thanks for all the replies! As soon as I get my personal comp
I'll surely check out all of the bands mentioned here!

livingtodie said:
I've seen Intestine Baalism mentioned on this thread a lot so i've been
looking out for them but I couldn't find them. They're from japan right?
I'm in the US, are their albums released here?
I've seen them at the local cd store, but it may just be that the metal section is well managed. I'm sure if you search enough you'd find it. If not, a suggestion would be to order it from an online store.