Melodic Death Metal

Depends; there are two original versions. One has "Shadows of the Moon" for song 5, and the other has "Inborn Evil" for song 5. The re-issue has "Inborn Evil".

Cool. Thanks for the info.

As for the thread topic, an album that has not been mentioned is Armageddon's "Crossing the Rubicon". While it may be a little more melodic than most here like, it is quite a good listen.

Unanimated - Ancient God of Evil is probably the best melodic death album I've ever heared

Thanks, it'll be a while before im able to check out all these bands.

I'd say Death is pretty melodic... all that bullshit with specific sub-genres like "NO thats not brutal dm thats grindcore" is fairly retarted. I say melodic dm because its pretty unspecific, and im looking for good bands in general.

I think when you start out with death metal a lot of things sound like "noise." Even after I had been into death metal for a while, there were some albums I had that sounded that way to me. I was away from them for a while, listening to classical, jazz, prog, etc. and I came back recently and the "noise" came apart and I could hear what was going on and how great it was.

One of my first death metal albums was Vader - Litany. They have a pretty simple style, so I think it's good to get into.

For melo-death, I have to recommend 'Rusted Angel' by Darkane. I absolutely love that album. Listen to the title track, it will simply blow you away.

That band, Thales, is pretty good. Have you heard of a band named Diablo? They're from Finland too, but I never got the chance to hear them.

Amorphis-Tales from the thousand lakes and The Karelian Isthmus are must owns. As far as Melo-death goes...I have to say its the most played out metal sub-genre going today.