Suggest Good Melodic Metal Bands... I'm Running Out of Things To Listen To!

It's only truly funny when you realise Linkin Park and P.O.D. really are as good as grindcore to some people's ears. Then again, maybe that's not funny. :erk:

Ah well, the ignorant cannot always find their own way out....so, tis no use holding excessive contempt for their kind. I used to be ignorant once. Ye barstewards!

What the fuck am I talking about.

What's this thread about again?????
eysupdown.gif

I'm thankful for so many suggestions, but I told you guys I already know the basics. Devin Townsend's stuff and Dark Tranquility are already well known by me and others... But thanks for the suggestions so far... I'm checkin' out what looks interesting.

in time, in time.....I believe it is ready to launch, but of course there might be a few broken links and some reviews in the old format.

as soon as I have access to edit the site on my computer, I'll be fixing stuff like that at a quick pace.

So a few of these new melodic death metal bands are actually innovative in some degree? Whenever I pick up one of these new melodic death bands- they sound like they copied In Flames or Dark Tranquility- its almost as if Melodic Death has become Power Metal or Prog metal- in that every new band- tries to sound like one of the leaders of the genre- and does nothing creative or different.

I'd try Rotting Christ or Samael, personally- they are rather melodic black metal- death metal hybrids- in which melody is important, and they both have their own sound.

Maybe you need to try a new metal genre for a while.

Speaking of needing new bands to listen to- anybody heard any new bands- from any metal genre- that are worth a shit? I got hundreds of cds- and am quickly running out of shit to even look out for anymore.

speed said:
I'd try Rotting Christ or Samael, personally- they are rather melodic black metal- death metal hybrids- in which melody is important, and they both have their own sound.

Maybe you need to try a new metal genre for a while.
No, I don't need to try a new genre. I've heard both Rotting Christ and Samael and they don't really suit what I'm looking for. I don't mind most melodic bands as long as they have their own sound, which most of them do... You could say they all sound the same, but I can easily tell the difference between say... In Flames or Soilwork... I don't think the genre is getting stale and I enjoy what I've heard out of it.

Thanks for the suggestions, but I'll pass.

Anyway, I'm pissed because I can't find any fucking Omnium on Kazaa, so I've no where to DL them and check them out. I think I'm just going to go buy their CD when I get paid tomorrow, but I'd like to at least hear it first.

I picked myself up some Skyfire and I'm enjoying it a bit, I DLed most of Mind Revolution. Not too bad at all...

Keep the suggestions coming guys, I appreciate it.

One more thing, I already know about Opeth and some of the more... Don't wanna say mainstream, but popular metal artists like that... So no need to mention Opeth, At The Gates, Darkane... Whatever.