Suggest Good Melodic Metal Bands... I'm Running Out of Things To Listen To!

Freddy Krueger said:
Anyway, I'm pissed because I can't find any fucking Omnium on Kazaa, so I've no where to DL them and check them out. I think I'm just going to go buy their CD when I get paid tomorrow, but I'd like to at least hear it first.

I'd recommend using the UltimateMetal hub, not Kazaa.

Download an oDC client and connect to paladin.sublevels.net

I'm not sure about the oDC link though, sorry.

speed said:
Speaking of needing new bands to listen to- anybody heard any new bands- from any metal genre- that are worth a shit? I got hundreds of cds- and am quickly running out of shit to even look out for anymore.

If you are getting burned out, try some oldschool stuff. Mid-eighties metal like The Scorps, Accept (two absolutely dominating guitarists in those bands) or Tesla's first couple of releases. Late 80's thrash would also be something to look into. Wrathchild America, Death Angel, Forbidden, Powermad etc. My fave of the newer stuff I have bought is the self titled Redemption.

Bryant

Melodic bands... swome new, some old

Vanden Plas - elodic German prog-metal

Avalon (Eurasia) RIP - another German band melodic power with a singer from Sri Lanka

Lacuna Coil - Fem and male vox. A bit goth is style.

Black Sabbath with Martin on vox. Martin gave sabbath a totally different sound.

Yngwie - Odyssee. Joe Lynn Turner sang on that one and it gave YM a bit of a more "accessible" style, but it was a very solid release cover to cover.

These are bands from different eras and different styles, but all are melodic and make good music.

Anybody know anything about Embrace- and just what is Wrathchild America?

Anyone know of any bands like neurosis, isis, mastodon etc- I understand Today is the day plays in a similar style- but are they worth a shit?

I've heard a lot of these bands you guys are posting, Lacuna, Haunted, ATG, Dimension Zero, etc... But thanks for the other suggestions so far.

I'm going to check out that hub thing, but I don't know what an odc is... I'll try to figure it out though.

I Managed to pick up the last remaining copy of the Omnium Gatherum CD from my local music store today... I must say that I'm enjoying it a lot, it's a hell of a CD.

Keep the suggestions coming guys, I appreciate it.

Freddy Krueger said:
I just figured I'd make this topic because I think I can rely on the good public of the UM forums to help me out with a little problem... I'm running out of music to listen to. I've pretty much hit all the melodic basics, In Flames, Soilwork, Bodom, Hypocrisy ( Their later shit is pretty melodic, I think... ) And I need some help discovering some more bands of this type. So gimme so good bands...

If you have any other bands you want to suggest, I like anything but bland and boring death metal.

Here is a shameless plug.......

The CD will be out in October and newer material is much heavier but here is a sampling.

http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/107/57stitch.html