SOLD: Mapex M-Birch Drum Kit, 6 piece 8”, 10”, 12”, 13”, 16”, 22" with cases £350 o.n.o.

Trevoire520

Mar 24, 2007
Fife, Scotland
Anyone looking into recording real drums these days? :p
1_zpsa93ct9yz.jpg

2_zpst1thcggw.jpg

3_zpsnxogevgc.jpg

4_zps0rfc2s5m.jpg

6_zpsb8ghdzvc.jpg

5_zpsu269ifxv.jpg

This is a big set, consisting of 8”, 10”, 12”, 13” and 16” toms, and a 22” kick. The M-Birch is the predecessor to the Meridian line and features Birch Shells with outer plies of Maple. Birch shells give these drums a great attack and controlled sustain ideal for recording.

This gives you several setup options (I like a 10, 13, 16) or you can setup the whole lot if you fancy a massive kit to thrash about on!

Heads are Evans all round (with the exception of the 8” tom which has stock heads)
Toms - clear G2’s over G1’s,
Kick - clear EQ4 with double Falam Slam Pad on the batter and a Black EQ3 with a port on the reso side.
Tom heads still have plenty of life in them and the kick heads are basically brand new!

A full set of gig bags, floor tom legs and a double tom mount for the kick are included, you’ll need another stand if you want to setup all 5 toms though. (the one pictured holding the 8/10 toms is from the studio and NOT INCLUDED in the sale)

The kit has never been gigged and only comes out for recording so is in great condition, with just a couple of small marks here and there. It has a gorgeous cherry red finish that really lets the grain shine through.

The kit has been used on lots of recording sessions and has always sounded great in the room and under the mic. It’s still tuned up so if you'd like to demo it then just get in touch. I'm based in central Scotland so ideally collection from the studio would be preferred but I could arrange to meet somewhere mutually convenient if necessary.
Not entirely sure of the logistics and cost of trying to ship a kit this size but willing to look into it for a serious buyer.

Only selling because after 5 years I now fancy a bit of a change. So this has to go as I don’t have room for a third drum kit!

Trevoire,

If the kit is still available, would you be willing to sell the 13"tom separately to someone in The Netherlands? (He pays in advance)