Solitude Aeturnus

Would you want Solitude Aeturnus at Prog Power?

• Yes - they're awesome and they deserve it

Votes: 17 54.8%
  • They'd make a good or acceptable "odd-one-out" band

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • No - they aren't progressive or power metal enough

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • No - they aren't good enough

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters

TychoCelchu

Sep 28, 2004
Boston MA
I'll jump on the "would you like to see ________ at PP8?" wagon with Solitude Aeturnus. One of the absolute best bands, but seem to have been pushed to the background by the prevailing winds of today's metal scene. But with (finally) a new album out in just a few short weeks, maybe their recognition will come back?

Now, do you think they'd fit at a fest like ProgPower? Hell, I'd love to see them ANYWHERE.

I voted no because this is a Progressive and Power metal festival, not a doom metal festival.

I love traditional doom metal (Saint Vitus, Reverend Bizarre, and Solitude Aeternus are great examples), but it ain't prog or power, so it doesn't fit this bill.

Palabra de Dios said:
I voted no because this is a Progressive and Power metal festival, not a doom metal festival.

I love traditional doom metal (Saint Vitus, Reverend Bizarre, and Solitude Aeternus are great examples), but it ain't prog or power, so it doesn't fit this bill.

that's respectable. They should do another tour with Candlemass once those guys get their singer situation squared away.

Stardust2112 said:
If our Fearless Leader saw fit to book these guys, I'd do sexual things to him that are probably illegal in seventeen states. :headbang:

It's a little difficult to thrill a guy who's been with an inflatable sheep.

Palabra de Dios said:

Explain, in terms that have nothing to do with artificial scene labels, what this really means in musical terms.

Surely you're not saying a band has to have totally wimpy frilly-shirted melodies, or nonstop double bass w/ Kiskeske wailing, or they don't fit at all. [/strawman]