SOLITUDE AETURNUS, BENEDICTUM & THURISAZ CONFIRMED FOR CHICAGO POWERFEST 2007

GateXII

Soul Collector
Jun 26, 2001
Chicago, IL
www.twelfthgate.net
Texas doom legends SOLITUDE AETURNUS, San Diego female-fronted metallers BENEDICTUM & Belgium's up-and-coming death/doom metallers THURISAZ have been confirmed for CHICAGO POWERFEST 2007. The 5th annual metal festival will take place on Friday, April 20th and Saturday, April 21st at The Pearl Room in Mokena, IL.

Solitude Aeturnus will be playing in support of their critically acclaimed new album, "Alone", and this will be their first Midwest US performance in almost three years. Benedictum, who are recently coming off their European tour with DORO, will be playing in support of their latest album "Uncreation", and this will be their first ever Midwest performance. Thurisaz, who are recently coming off their European tour with Novembers Doom & Agalloch, will be making their US debut & also be playing in support of their upcoming new album "Circadian Rhythm", released in March. Co-Promoter & Twelfth Gate bassist Rob Such also adds, "While on my recent trip to Europe with friends Novembers Doom, I was able to watch openers Thurisaz kick ass every night...and I really felt that they deserved a chance to leave the same lasting impression on this year's Powerfest audience just as they did on me & the audiences throughout Europe."

Current Powerfest lineup:

SOLITUDE AETURNUS
MARTYR
NOVEMBERS DOOM
BENEDICTUM
SHATTER MESSIAH
THURISAZ

The remaining four bands, which also include both headliners, will be announced in the upcoming weeks as they become confirmed. Ticket information will also be made available once the line-up is complete.

For more information regarding the fest and the bands, please visit www.ChicagoPowerfest.com or www.myspace.com/chicagopowerfest