SOLITUDE AETURNUS, BENEDICTUM & THURISAZ CONFIRMED FOR CHICAGO POWERFEST 2007

GateXII

Soul Collector
Jun 26, 2001
Chicago, IL
www.twelfthgate.net
Texas doom legends SOLITUDE AETURNUS, San Diego female-fronted metallers BENEDICTUM & Belgium's up-and-coming death/doom metallers THURISAZ have been confirmed for CHICAGO POWERFEST 2007. The 5th annual metal festival will take place on Friday, April 20th and Saturday, April 21st at The Pearl Room in Mokena, IL.

Solitude Aeturnus will be playing in support of their critically acclaimed new album, "Alone", and this will be their first Midwest US performance in almost three years. Benedictum, who are recently coming off their European tour with DORO, will be playing in support of their latest album "Uncreation", and this will be their first ever Midwest performance. Thurisaz, who are recently coming off their European tour with Novembers Doom & Agalloch, will be making their US debut & also be playing in support of their upcoming new album "Circadian Rhythm", released in March. Co-Promoter & Twelfth Gate bassist Rob Such also adds, "While on my recent trip to Europe with friends Novembers Doom, I was able to watch openers Thurisaz kick ass every night...and I really felt that they deserved a chance to leave the same lasting impression on this year's Powerfest audience just as they did on me & the audiences throughout Europe."

Current Powerfest lineup:

SOLITUDE AETURNUS
MARTYR
NOVEMBERS DOOM
BENEDICTUM
SHATTER MESSIAH
THURISAZ

The remaining four bands, which also include both headliners, will be announced in the upcoming weeks as they become confirmed. Ticket information will also be made available once the line-up is complete.

For more information regarding the fest and the bands, please visit www.ChicagoPowerfest.com or www.myspace.com/chicagopowerfest

Looks like I will pick up the Benedictum disc this weekend. Not to thrilled with all the doom stuff. I will check out thier pages to get some samples. I was hoping to see Elvenking announced. Here is hoping for some good headliners. I was hoping that Thurizas was spelled wrong and Turisas was really booked....the folk battle metal band who are incredible.

I have heard really good things about Solitude Aeturnus.
Looks like I will have to seek out some of their stuff.

Rob - I know you have been blowing loads over Thurisaz since you guys got back, so this announcement does not surprise.

Shoot, now I have to spend more time on that Solitude Aeturnus "Alone" disc. I listened to it once or twice, and then put it away. I'll have to revisit it soon ... hopefully this time it will appeal to me more.

Benedictum is cool ... badass chick singer, and good old school metal. They should be enjoyable.

I've never heard of Thurisaz ... I need to check them out.

Congrats on getting those bands !!

Britt

Thurisaz really isn't doom...they have more of a black metal sound than doom, but I decided to use the "death/doom" description that they use on their myspace since that's what they prefer. I guess I just didn't want to say death/black because they're really not black metal enough either...plus they don't wear the cheesy corpse paint...hehe. :p

This is as close as we'll get to a black metal band this year, & I really think black metal fans will like these guys too.

As it stands right now...

Fri:

Solitude Aeturnus
Benedictum
Shatter Messiah

Sat:

Martyr
NovDoom
Thurisaz

Not all the slot positions are set in stone yet, but the days will probably stick...although, anything can happen still. ;)

I have never heard of Thurisaz, I have only heard of Benedictum, and Solitude Aeternus I am getting into. I still dont know if this is enough for me to come yet. I will have to wait for the headliners lke I did last year.

Hmm.... I definitely need more listening experience with all three bands. Nevertheless, some nice names there. I like the vibe and direction I'm feeling from this festival so far. Looking forward to the headliner announcements. :kickass:

Jason

Fuck. I said I'd like to see SA at Powerfest, but I didn't think you'd actually do it. Bastards. :lol: Hmmm... I should drive. It's only 12 hours from NYC. If I wasn't going to England the following week, I would have booked our flights already.

You're making this very hard for me. I just want you to know. :p

~C

Let's see

Jason got Novembers Doom...got em
Stardust got Solitude Aeturnus.....got em
that one guy asked for Benidictum...got em

so I guess you are making me hold out to surprise me with Elvenking!!!