SOLITUDE AETURNUS, BENEDICTUM & THURISAZ CONFIRMED FOR CHICAGO POWERFEST 2007

Why couldnt we have had a simular Great White accident that night!!!!

Please do not make fun of the Great White "incident" - I lost four friends in that fire.

*back on topic*

I'm super glad that Benedictum is FINALLY getting some more recognition in the States. This band friggin' kills. I'm incredibly happy that Solitude Aeturnus was able to play as well - been a fan for so many years and never had the chance to see them live since they don't come to San Francisco. Thurisaz sounds VERY damned good on their myspace page and I will be quite interested to see them live as well.

Yay.

Yeah, and King Diamond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(I don't know why I am not letting this go, considering from Rob's reaction when I bring up King, I know it prolly isn't in the cards)

Well, ND was kind of an easy guess. The timing is perfect for them to appear with the new disc dropping Feb 20th on THE END RECORDS
(You like that shameless plug Paul? :lol:)

I'm not a regular here. But I just had to say that me and my friend have been sitting here waiting to see who else you got for this show. And I about crapped my pants when I saw SA. I am looking forward to this so much right now. Thank you for putting together an actual good metal concert. I live in downtown Chicago and I have not seen anything really that great pop up this year. But damn, this line-up kicks ass. I can't wait for Thurisaz either.

SA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so, I guess my mind tricks worked on CR&J, and if so, we'll also be seeing Ram-Zet in the next announcement. :lol:

I actually have to add though, I'd be overly excited if Elvenking did actually play. I've noticed that a certain someone here is quite obsessed with trying to get them here. I can't lie though, I gotta agree with him.

And it isnt me under a different name, which I wa atually going to start doing.

Can we be sure? :)
Well, I would welcome Elvenking, though I am not familiar with them at all.

I really like the mix of bands.

Makes you wonder if a true power metal band is on the way.
(as none have been announced yet).

Lots of talks on Ultimate Metal and other boards, with this annoucement.
Sounds like the addition of Solitude Aeturnus has sealed the deal for lots of people.

I need to take some time at home to properly sit down and listen to the bands I am not familiar with. I am very interested, based on the descriptions of the bands, to hear all three bands announced yesterday.

The Powerfest dates are listed on the house event fliers at The Pearl Room. :kickass: Someone needs to plaster that place with the official fliers when they're ready. *hint* ;)
pr_events1.jpg

pr_events2.jpg

Do you like Metal Mondays?
pr_metalmondays.jpg

While I think it's fantastic that you guys got Solitude Aeturnus to play as I feel they are legendary...

How they Hell are they not closing one of the nights? They have been around since 1991, they have six albums and have released some absolutely classic Metal and are bindblowing live.

Just my opinion mind you, still it is a bit startling. I hope they get at least an hour.