SOLITUDE AETURNUS, BENEDICTUM & THURISAZ CONFIRMED FOR CHICAGO POWERFEST 2007

While I think it's fantastic that you guys got Solitude Aeturnus to play as I feel they are legendary...

How they Hell are they not closing one of the nights? They have been around since 1991, they have six albums and have released some absolutely classic Metal and are bindblowing live.

Just my opinion mind you, still it is a bit startling. I hope they get at least an hour.

Hey,
First off. I like your sig. I was just listening to DREAMING NEON BLACK this morning.

Well, if you think that length of time as a band and number of albums is the factor, than look no further at my avatar as who I think deserves to headline :headbang:

Regardless, it's going to be a great fest. I am looking more forward to it than I was when the announcements were first made, now that I have sampled Benedictum and SA.

I still need to check out Shatter Messiah and Martyr.

Hey,
First off. I like your sig. I was just listening to DREAMING NEON BLACK this morning.

Well, if you think that length of time as a band and number of albums is the factor, than look no further at my avatar as who I think deserves to headline :headbang:

Regardless, it's going to be a great fest. I am looking more forward to it than I was when the announcements were first made, now that I have sampled Benedictum and SA.

I still need to check out Shatter Messiah and Martyr.

Thanks!

I really am excited about seeing SA, it just surprises me a little that they aren't closing, that's all. It's probably just more of a personal preference thing for me, although I know a lot of others who love them as well.

Anyways, you can count two tickets sold from my end now for sure!

Methinks there will likely be some big-selling headliners this year... if we were to go by length of time in the biz and number of albums, Morgana Lefay deserved to be the headliner last year (which they were), but if we go by monetary sales in the US, Nocturnal Rites would have headlined. It makes more sense the second way, and based on last year's crowd, it seemed like the majority were there for NR.

Based on this, I'm guessing that at least one headliner (Saturday's probably) will be either a big-name power metal band, or Nevermore.

Based on this, I'm guessing that at least one headliner (Saturday's probably) will be either a big-name power metal band, or Nevermore.

I would be VERY pleased with NEVERMORE.
I was hoping it was going to be My Dying Bride, though they are playing in Belgium that weekend... :(