SOLITUDE AETURNUS

drmetal8

Graphic Design
Sep 14, 2009
Orlando, FL
The new album by Doom Metal legends Solitude Aeturnus titled "In Times of Solitude" is due out this month.

This new album (of old material) features rare tracks and never before heard demos from the band's earliest days.

CD and gatefold vinyl are being released through Massacre Records.
Both include extensive liner notes by founder and guitarist John Perez.

Track listing:
1. It Came Upon One Night
2. Transcending Sentinels
3. Into Battle
4. Sojourner
5. Where Angels Dare To Tread
6. Remembrance of A Life
7. And Justice For All
8. Sojourner (Rehearsal version)
9. Mirror of Sorrow

Cover artwork (by yours truly):

solitudecover.jpg

Thanks,
Alex

It is about time they have gotten a good cover. I love this band but their covers are always so bad. Well except the first album, I really dig that cover.
Since the chance is here to say it I will repeat myself again and say this band should be at Progpower.

It is about time they have gotten a good cover. I love this band but their covers are always so bad. Well except the first album, I really dig that cover.
Since the chance is here to say it I will repeat myself again and say this band should be at Progpower.

Seconded. I think they'd go over quite well with the PPUSA crowd.

Seconded. I think they'd go over quite well with the PPUSA crowd.

Hey thanks to you both. I wasn't in love with it, but people have told me that it is one of my best covers. The gatefold and booklet are also pretty cool, if I do say so myself. Can't wait to have it in my hands, as it's only the second LP (vinyl) I've ever done.

Agree w/Jeremy/Heaven & Hell, they need to be on the PP bill at some point. There would be at least 100, maybe 200 of the doom crowd who'd attend. Those guyz do some serious travellin' for their doom.

One of my favorite bands, but I've got no interest in this album. I have most if not all of those songs in some version or another.

Interesting. One of your faves, but you won't cough up 12 bucks for their CD. Just doing some market research here that's all. No poison darts being thrown. :Spin:

So you're saying that the Alone artwork isn't good? This is a really creepy, awesome cover when coupled with the album title.

23031.jpg

Interesting. One of your faves, but you won't cough up 12 bucks for their CD. Just doing some market research here that's all. No poison darts being thrown. :Spin:

I disagree, you're just needling him for no reason, under the guise of "market research." He clearly stated why he won't be buying it, which to me, is a very valid reason. I've passed up on numerous compilation albums because I already own the majority of the band's studio albums.

Not that anyone should have to offer a reason to not need to buy a product anyways.

I disagree, you're just needling him for no reason, under the guise of "market research." He clearly stated why he won't be buying it, which to me, is a very valid reason. I've passed up on numerous compilation albums because I already own the majority of the band's studio albums. Not that anyone should have to offer a reason to not need to buy a product anyways.

No one has to answer. I'm just asking questions so I know what to buy for you guys. Relax.

I immediately thought of the Alone cover too. I actually think it's the best in their catalogue. I don't dislike the first two covers but Alone is just so perfect.
This cover image is really good too.

So you're saying that the Alone artwork isn't good? This is a really creepy, awesome cover when coupled with the album title.

23031.jpg

It is an ok cover, but the "strange fruit" idea has been before. I believe Hellhammer did it on demos years ago and that is the first that comes to mind.
Not a good idea to walk through certain neighborhoods hoods wearing the "Alone" shirt I would not think.
I like the first album cover it is the only one I ever thought captured what the band was at the time. It is just a depressing piece. As for the second one it looked like a self released "progressive power" metal band's lame attempt. I suppose they are all ok but none seemed worth of the band. But I think really highly of Solitude Aeturnus...

I'm fortunate in that I live in the Dallas / Fort Worth area which is were Solitude Aeturnus are based which means I've been fortunate to have seen them play locally multiple times, even when not in the midst of a tour. I also agree with the sentiment that Solitude Aeturnus are worthy of a slot at ProgPower. There's no question that we fans of doom metal would enjoy them immensely but I also feel that they would win over some new fans in the process.