SOLITUDE AETURNUS

Yes doom band that leans towards power metal areas, great vocals, good song writing, a built in fan base, fans who will travel, a band who does not often play in the U.S., um how many more reasons can i think of for why they should not play Progpower?

Guess we can't mention the big reason? :Spin:

I'm fortunate in that I live in the Dallas / Fort Worth area which is were Solitude Aeturnus are based which means I've been fortunate to have seen them play locally multiple times, even when not in the midst of a tour. I also agree with the sentiment that Solitude Aeturnus are worthy of a slot at ProgPower. There's no question that we fans of doom metal would enjoy them immensely but I also feel that they would win over some new fans in the process.

Exactly. Anyone I've turned onto SA has become a fan.

The new album by Doom Metal legends Solitude Aeturnus titled "In Times of Solitude" is due out this month.
This new album (of old material) features rare tracks and never before heard demos from the band's earliest days.
CD and gatefold vinyl are being released through Massacre Records.
Both include extensive liner notes by founder and guitarist John Perez.
Track listing:
1. It Came Upon One Night
2. Transcending Sentinels
3. Into Battle
4. Sojourner
5. Where Angels Dare To Tread
6. Remembrance of A Life
7. And Justice For All
8. Sojourner (Rehearsal version)
9. Mirror of Sorrow
Cover artwork (by yours truly):
solitudecover.jpg

Thanks,
Alex

As you guyz can see, Alex does some great album artwork. More bands need to look him up to do their next album art. I've worked with him for years and can highly recommend his work ethic.

Thanks Mike, I appreciate it.
You are probably the person I've done work for the longest in my entire career, 12 years and counting now.

Ok so if people here seem to like Solitude Aeturnus and we all no the band is (or should be) worthy of playing this fest, and from what I have heard in the past some people were prepare to sponsor them then why as this not happened yet?
Glenn I think that question is for you.:)

Interesting. One of your faves, but you won't cough up 12 bucks for their CD. Just doing some market research here that's all. No poison darts being thrown. :Spin:

No, won't buy it...I've got 'em all, love the band, but don't care about alternate versions, demos, etc. (rarely do), cool ass cover tho!

that'd be awesome, not sure it'd happen though, Robert's gotta pretty good gig going with the all-time greatest doomsters Candlemass...

^^^true, he's still devoting time to SA as appropos, but Cmass is still a pretty steady draw in Europe (no surprise) when they do play and they are definitely a bigger draw...I'm absolutely down with with an SA appearance at PP but not sure if the fandom is there...after all, they are primarily doom...and though there are a sizeable portion of us here that can appreciate other genres (black, death, doom, etc.) I don't there's enough to get SA in, but I'd love to be proven wrong!

^^^true, he's still devoting time to SA as appropos, but Cmass is still a pretty steady draw in Europe (no surprise) when they do play and they are definitely a bigger draw...I'm absolutely down with with an SA appearance at PP but not sure if the fandom is there...after all, they are primarily doom...and though there are a sizeable portion of us here that can appreciate other genres (black, death, doom, etc.) I don't there's enough to get SA in, but I'd love to be proven wrong!

Serious doom fans don't mind traveling, and SA rarely plays out anymore.

I'm honestly not interested in the release either since already have it all. Yet I have alternate covers of releases, four copies of some albums, and disease I can't sure, so who knows I might fet it.
I don't think Solitude should strictly be looked at as a doom band. This band could have a wide range of appeal.

I'm honestly not interested in the release either since already have it all. Yet I have alternate covers of releases, four copies of some albums, and disease I can't sure, so who knows I might fet it.
I don't think Solitude should strictly be looked at as a doom band. This band could have a wide range of appeal.

Yeah I know they're not just doom, there's power metal and alot of other metal in there, I just meant doom fans would drive to see them.

Yeah I know they're not just doom, there's power metal and alot of other metal in there, I just meant doom fans would drive to see them.

Sure I get what you were saying. The reason I said that is because often people here one genre description and immediately right a band off. Kind of like I do when I hear "progressive metal" these days. HAHA

Just got this in the mail

Got the lp from Massare Records and this is a must for diehard S>A fans...
of the 9 tracks...Rob Lowe only sings on tracks 8 and 9...a live rehearsal and mirror of sorrow..Thier orginal vocalist sings on the 5 song demo...a couple songs went on to be on there debut..transcending Sentinels.WHere Angels Fear to Tread and Mirror of Sorrow,,,,Chris was not a bad singer..not as powerful as Lowe but he wrote great lyrics and had a unorthodox deleivery....First track It Came Upon one night is a awesome track..Tons of Trouble styles riffs with even a midpaced Metal Church riff..the lp comes in a gatefold sleeve clear vinyl with tons of liner notes of there early beginnings by John Perez only 500 copies..

I liked the original singer too, just not as much as Rob. And yes he did write some interesting lyrics. Great band all around, glad to see all this material on one release.