Solo Competition delayed again....

Steve Smyth

Lead Axe
Feb 27, 2002
Earth
www.stevesmyth.com
Hey Everyone,

Sorry to say, but we're going to delay this yet again until further notice. There's some "behind the curtain" problems going on, that once we get that sorted out, we'll be ready to go.

I'll let you guys know as soon as we're ready to start this.....

D'oh!

oz_curtain.JPG

i never expected this thread to come up again, especially since this forum hasn't shown much activity later.
Well, I say that we make a backing track of our own. Steve is probably busy with life and music and that is very fine with us. So lets make this competition more community oriented. So who is in it to make it worth a backing track. We could also get a backing track from the internet. I have plenty of backing track from dave weiner's riff of the week youtube vids. I won't be able to participate until i get to seattle in the fall. I miss the days two years ago when we had 11 entries, but since they have gone down. Oh well, if you are interested post here.

eh im not very good at backing tracks lol, id like to try playing over someone elses music lol, its more fun not knowing immedietely what scale to play, or what the key is.

i never expected this thread to come up again, especially since this forum hasn't shown much activity later.
Well, I say that we make a backing track of our own. Steve is probably busy with life and music and that is very fine with us. So lets make this competition more community oriented. So who is in it to make it worth a backing track. We could also get a backing track from the internet. I have plenty of backing track from dave weiner's riff of the week youtube vids. I won't be able to participate until i get to seattle in the fall. I miss the days two years ago when we had 11 entries, but since they have gone down. Oh well, if you are interested post here.

Yeah that sounds like a great idea, I would be in for sure!! Yeah the Dave Weiner's backing tracks are awesome. :headbang:

Hey What's up guys!

Yes, busy as usual again, with music and all the things related to that (see the above forum entitled The EssenEss Project, that's one thing I am up to lately, and my be coming your way, if we can do it!), the main reason I have not been attending to this thread to much. As mentioned before, I am also waiting on something to change, and when it does, it will be easier to pick this up again on a full time basis, that is if all of you reading this are ready to partcipate again?! And from the sounds of it, we have at least 3 or 4 of you ready to go if this goes down! That's great! And if we get the other 2 or 3 listed above here, even better!

My plan was to use some music of my own, in fact, but I don't want to give away what that is.... this will happen in time.

I like the idea that Flying Whale has come up with; I just checked out one of Dave Weiner's backing tracks (I only know him from playing with Steve Vai a few years back, so not sure what he's up to now), and the one I checked out, Ionian, sounds like a pretty nice, straight forward, basic track to get things rolling around here.

If you guys can figure out a host server to do this, I encourage you all to do it! For now, I will have to sit back and watch this happen; a lot going on at the moment, but will try to help out any way I can, so we keep this thing moving. It is on my forum, after all, and I hosted the last 7 of these, so!:lol::headbang:

So, rock on, and I'll be back on as soon as I get some things cleared up. Have fun you guys!:headbang::headbang::headbang: