some asshole from my town started a Christian social networking site

Status
Not open for further replies.
jeez, can't I vent at all? If you've ever been to Youngstown, Churches are on every corner, Christian bookstores, Christian this and Christian that. Its like my town is saying "hey, If you don't believe in Jesus, get the hell out" I pissed my dad off yesterday when I explained my beliefs to him. He can't stomach that I follow I different set of beliefs than the rest of my family. I have a Boss at work telling me every day I'm there that I'm going to end up in hell. I feel bad for Atheist and Agnostics especially. This shit's gotta stop.
You can vent and we can make fun of what you are venting about.

I'm an atheist too. And I believe in the lawlessness of the internet. Free speech and all that, but when it gets heard its usually treated as a joke.

Mind you, I'm also an incurably flippant cynic.

I'm an atheist too. And I believe in the lawlessness of the internet. Free speech and all that, but when it gets heard its usually treated as a joke.

I totally agree but it seems this site, with its heavy censorship and exclusionary attitude makes it come off as a fascist institution. what ever happened to free thought?

woah. you think this site is heavily censored?

plus, free thought is still around. You just don't notice it, cos, you know, its all in the MIND.

No one is forcing you to go there. Therefore, there's no reason to bitch about it because the site itself doesn't affect you at all. Close this thread.

I totally agree but it seems this site, with its heavy censorship and exclusionary attitude makes it come off as a fascist institution. what ever happened to free thought?

You are so far off base it's not even funny. It is a privately owned site run by someone who apparently is Christian and would like to facilitate for Christians to interact with other Christians. In no way is this site preventing you from having "free thoughts" and in no way is this even remotely related to facism. At all. Whatsoever. Seriously.

There is nothing stopping you from starting your own Asatru-only social networking site where you and like-minded uh... thinkers... can discuss how Thor is a sexy motherfucker or whatever it is that you guys do.

Status
Not open for further replies.