Some Enchanted fun...!

mgirishfan

Mar 18, 2003
Catonsville, MD USA
www.alightedstage.com
Was just thinking.....on Blink, we got the killer 'Prognosis'....on Tug, it's the killer 'Progtology'....so what will the next Prog-strumental track be ?

Some (silly) ideas:

PROG legs
PROGnosticating (-or)
PROGress
PROGlamation
PROGrastinate
PROGenitive
PROGue (or PROGue Warrior)

...and for their 25th album, in their golden years....

PROGaine!

:D

Any more, guys and gals?
jump3.gif

Hm, what about these...

progonaut
progsternation
proggammit
progs 'n' cons
progamic
progeneration
progasm (I'm a programmer and a prog fan... ;-) )
progeny

Jerry

I've actually spent time in my car thinking about this very subject.

Prognosis and Progtology are two of my favorite songs, and I was hoping the next album would have another in the same stylings.

My vote is for "Progmanic".

My vote would be PROGASM. :tickled:

Or how about PROGASTRUBATION (n)/ PROGASTRUBATE (v)

Like in the lyrics:
Your sister gone out, she's on a date. And you just sit at home and Progastrubate.

Jim

(sorry for the dorky humor)

Sheesh, these suggestions, they sound so..so...progmiscuous. so progfligate...progfane even!

Hmm, progcreate, progclivity, progcession, progpaganda, progmontory, geez, they all sound so progfound.

I like Progximity...as in, we're all in the progximity of greatness when we listen to Enchant...

Kristin
Via dragon, by progxy

DTArtstar said:
Enchant need to do a long form instrumental like The Flower Kings do. Just a huge symphonic crushing piece with tons of changes...that'd sound pretty damn cool.
I don´t like the pure instrumentals by them. Much too jazzy, freakish and boring for my tastes.

The Stormbringer said:
I don´t like the pure instrumentals by them. Much too jazzy, freakish and boring for my tastes.

Not to keep this thread off topic, LOL, but I hear ya, Storm! I have only heard one - The Flower Kings' 14:25 long Silent Inferno - on the IO sampler CD - and it puts me right to sleep....yawn! I'm way more into Enchant's 6 - 8 minute instrumental tracks. :)

On topic, I like Progpaganda and Progasm! Keep 'em coming, everyone - this is fun!
smile2.gif

Cheers!!

Silent Inferno is a really good song, and I actually like their instrumental passages, but they have a few songs on each album that are instrumental ONLY... ACK! :ill: "Christianopel", "Soul Vortex", "The Devil´s Danceschool"... like to listen to 8 minutes that only consist of bass, jazz percussions (incl. the dreaded cowbell!) and boring keys and guitar solos? Gotte love the Flower Kings. ;)

I'm talking about their instrumentals like Retropolis, Theme For A Hero, Circus Brimstone, Rumble Fish Twist, the ones that are actual songs rather than jams like the ones on Unfold The Future etc...I think Enchant could do something really cool instrumentally in a longer form, but either way, they're amazing so it doesn't matter much

Silent Inferno - :cool: :cool:
Stardust We Are - :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :OMG: (x infinity)

Progpaganda - nice name for the Enchant Street Team? ;)

Flower Kings - quickly boring to me. I favour for Enchant's 5 to 8 minutes format too! So much is happening, that I sometimes wonder if it's really just 5 minutes!

On the other hand... I actually don't mind long songs, only when they're boring. I don't like boring short songs either, but boring long songs are worse! :D

Jerry

Jerry said:
Progpaganda - nice name for the Enchant Street Team? ;)

Flower Kings - quickly boring to me. I favour for Enchant's 5 to 8 minutes format too! So much is happening, that I sometimes wonder if it's really just 5 minutes!

On the other hand... I actually don't mind long songs, only when they're boring. I don't like boring short songs either, but boring long songs are worse! :D

Jerry

Ya, right, Jerry! Boring songs are just that, whether they are long or short --- but boring long ones are definitely worse than boing short ones, LOL! No Flower Kings for me! :)

The Enchant Street Team should just be the Enchanted! :D -- After all, doesn't that describe all of us?

I still like Progpaganda for the next song though - or Progasm!

:D

Cheers!

DTArtstar said:
I think Enchant could do something really cool instrumentally in a longer form, but either way, they're amazing so it doesn't matter much
As much as I like instrumentals and long songs, 6 or 7 minutes is exactly the right length for an Enchant song to get its point across. Not to say they couldn´t keep a song entertaining for, say, 15 minutes, it´s rather a compliment to their ability to sound direct and sophisticated at the same time.

Interesting little string here, very cool.

We were talking about just this the other day after rehearsal. But these?

Wow I think we will have to use one? they are too good!

On the long boring inst it is not gonna happen! it is a waste of disc space! no one is interested! especilally when you have a Ted in your band! I think our songs are already long? how long are the last two inst? Hmmmm you never know? If we ever did I promise it would not be boring! but I don,t think we are headed in that direction?

Thanks for the great titles her!