Some Help: Urban Legends

Coon

Metalcry
Mar 30, 2008
Madrid, Spain
www.metalcry.com
Well, besides Metalcry.com I'm currently writting for a quite new literature magazine and for the upcoming I have to write and article about Urban Legends. I know there's a lot of people for different countries here and it'll be really nice if you share the most important, impressive or just your favourite urban legend from your country/city. You will be helping me and I think it could also be funny.

Well, besides Metalcry.com I'm currently writting for a quite new literature magazine and for the upcoming I have to write and article about Urban Legends. I know there's a lot of people for different countries here and it'll be really nice if you share the most important, impressive or just your favourite urban legend from your country/city. You will be helping me and I think it could also be funny.

You need to remove the tab from a soda can (preferably after you drink the contents). That's because recycling companies are eager to acquire them.

My Q always is: Uh, do you know of anyone who's ever engaged in such a transaction? The answer is always a rather vapid "uh, no, but xyz told me" and well, :lol: is my reward.

This makes no sense, peeps!! Especially nowadays, when a half-responsible person chucks his/her empty into a recycling bin, thus giving away the entire can, tab included, to the eager recycling companies.

My mother insists that this legend is true, and she's one tough person to fool. Dang it to heck.

FS

You need to remove the tab from a soda can (preferably after you drink the contents). That's because recycling companies are eager to acquire them.

My Q always is: Uh, do you know of anyone who's ever engaged in such a transaction? The answer is always a rather vapid "uh, no, but xyz told me" and well, :lol: is my reward.

This makes no sense, peeps!! Especially nowadays, when a half-responsible person chucks his/her empty into a recycling bin, thus giving away the entire can, tab included, to the eager recycling companies.

My mother insists that this legend is true, and she's one tough person to fool. Dang it to heck.

FS

Thanks!! This is a funny one!

An urban legend which is not a legend, from Oslo.

During the Nazi occupation of Norway the Nazi officers were accommodated at local school and university buildings. So, once me and many other students from the whole world were living at on old dorm of University of Oslo, and the popular quiz was to guess "Which Nazi criminal stayed at my room during 1940-1945?".
No ghosts were detected though... or summoned by my pagan-black-folk metal fan neighbor :)

During the Nazi occupation of Norway the Nazi officers were accommodated at local school and university buildings. So, once me and many other students from the whole world were living at on old dorm of University of Oslo, and the popular quiz was to guess "Which Nazi criminal stayed at my room during 1940-1945?".
No ghosts were detected though... or summoned by my pagan-black-folk metal fan neighbor :)

And this is a cool one!!

Thanks!!

Yes, Quisling (right?) let the Nazi filth in to Norway. As with Poland, the Norwegian military was no match to the Third Reich's war-machine.

Oh, there's a book thread, but this belongs here, I think: Check out a book called "Night and Fog." It was written by a Norwegian man decades after WWII. He had been a teenage member of the Resistance until his "terrorist cell" was ratted out. This heartbreaking-but-inspiring (he survives in every way!) biography tells everything about what he endured, the torture by the SS, the "execution" (murder's the word) of his schoolmates by the SS, his experiences in the Death Camps. He then candidly writes about the immense torment he endured during many years after the Liberation, and how he ultimately prevailed over, well, unspeakable PTSD.

The book title is a direct translation of what the SS-monsters called the Death Camp inmates: Nacht und Nebel. They made sure to bring home the gruesome meaning of this new status, and I assure you, this is a must-read, unless you're faint-hearted.

Elie Wiesel, no less, gave the highest praise to this book.

Let the black metalists you mentioned look for ghosts and good luck to them. This is infinitely better, because you'll actually find living ghosts in the pages of this book, in the form of human "fog" in perpetual "night."

Never Again.

FS