Urban Myths

Sep 8, 2005
Im so bored right now on my job so im starting this thread about urban legend or myths you could share with the gang.

Here in my town are a few interestings myths.

This is strong, is about a ghost that appear aprox. at 11 pm. in a road where the traffic is fast and is outside the city, so if you are driving there, this ghost (a Lady) appears in front of the car so you loose control triying to avoid her and then you crash, funny thing is that there a lot of crashes in that particular area, and people claim because a lady appears in front of their cars, i know two person who stand by this statement, and one was about three weeks.

I read some where that Fidel Castro came here regularly and have shelter in a Ranch around the area where he trained militar personal, this is kind of true due to some dudes grandpas and uncles claiming it.

A lot about UFO`s

This is weird because there are hundreds of witneses, i was about 10 years old and people where talking about it a lot, hundreds of people saw it in fact, a UFO that almost landed in a crowd infested facility where people attend to play basketball or do some excersize, i heard from some relatives that it was a big artifact with a lot of lights, this thing stayed a few feets from the ground so people freaked out and started to run, then the ufo flew away, and almost landed in about three zones more, i know people in two of those zones who saw the thing (maybe some alien kids flying withouth their parents permision? haha).

My town is surrounded by mountains, so there are people who say that in the middle of the mountains are located a ranch, where people attend to meet with aliens that came in a ufo, again i heard this from diferent sources, one f them being my former boss, who is kind of important here in town, i don´t know this sound like cult to me haha!.

This is not rumor, is about a friend and others that found a mommy in a cave of this mountains, my friend says that the mommy has a big Head and hands, an has large fangs too, then some of the guys where interviewed buy some people but i don´t know more.

Let us know about yours!!

Yeah dude, i think that too, i think they are real.
I would like to talk with you about it sometime!

Hey come on guys! nobody??, i tought this would be fun, doesn´t have to be about ufos`s haha, im sure everyone has heard about this stories around where you live.

Well, a friend of mine told me that when his grandmother died, ALL the clocks in his house stopped at the exact time of her death. That was about 4 clocks or so, of different kind like analog clocks with batteries and normal digital clocks that are plugged into the wall socket, so it wasn't some electrical error throughout the power grid. I think it was 6:15 AM or something when the clocks stopped. This is no bullshit, his family can confirm it and the guy himself is no believer, he's an atheist or some shit so I don't really think he is lying.

It's kinda cool when you think about it. There are loads of these stories from people I know :)

Break out your tinfoil hats, I have actually seen a UFO. Death Valley, CA, early 90s. Bright light appears over the horizon just after dusk, follows it for a little while, then stops. After a moment of hovering, it blasts straight up and away and disappears. No myth there, my friends.
Oh, and at my high school the freshmen were always told there was a pool on the roof of one of the buildings. We'd stage swim parties and everything.

I live not too far from a cemetery where one of the most famous "ghost" photographs was taken.

This one here:

girl_on_gravestone_lg.jpg

Personally I think its a bunch of shit. :heh:

I live in Kentucky.

For those of you unfamiliar, let me give you some of our specs/credentials:

1. Nascar enthusiasts that make Colombian soccer fans look like bird watchers
2. Widespread drunken redneckery
3. Dangerously low average IQ (See item 1)
4. Fanatical religion (See item 3)
5. Inexplicably extreme xenophobia (see items 2-4)
6. Vast rural landscapes
7. Mountains
8. Large scale farming
9. Diverse wildlife
10. Rivers / lakes

As you can see, we have all the ingredients for the widespread synthesis and propogation of painfully retarded urban legends, including, but not limited to: alien sightings/abductions, paranormal activity, religious phenomena, unidentified species, "missing link" quasi-humans, crop circles, sea monsters, witchcraft / satanism, street light interference, demon possession, and all manner of psychic phenomena.

In other words, where do you want me to start?

I live in Kentucky.

6. Vast rural landscapes
7. Mountains
8. Large scale farming
9. Diverse wildlife
10. Rivers / lakes

As you can see, we have all the ingredients for the widespread synthesis and propogation of painfully retarded urban legends, including, but not limited to: alien sightings/abductions, paranormal activity, religious phenomena, unidentified species, "missing link" quasi-humans, crop circles, sea monsters, witchcraft / satanism, street light interference, demon possession, and all manner of psychic phenomena.

Oh, and don't forget to add that any "drastic changes in weather" over short periods of time are a call for the End Times by practitioners of Fanatical Religion. Hell, anything out of the "ordinary" in general is a call to arms. Kentucky really is Satan's Taint.

I live in Kentucky.

6. Vast rural landscapes
7. Mountains
8. Large scale farming
9. Diverse wildlife
10. Rivers / lakes

Damn.

Every day must be an uphill battle.:puke:

And for the record. I don't believe in any Urban Myth b.s.

Cool stories is all...