Some kick and snare samples... also 1 tom.

KeithTidd

Robot Penis.
Apr 26, 2008
Vallejo, CA
www.myspace.com
I recorded these monday night on a Neve VR into pro tools.

The snare is a vintage ludwig (supraphonic i think) 5x14. c414 on top, e604 on the bottom, ksm32 overheads.

The kick is an 80's Gretsch 24" with a jasper shell. E602 inside, subkick outside.

The tom is a birch sonor 14" floor tom. c414 on top, e604 on the bottom as well.

Here's a quick sample where I replaced the kick and snare with these samples.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/561383/snare and kick test.mp3

the rar:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/561383/KeithTidd 11-30-09 samples.rar

Snare sounds great but why only 2 hard samples? ><

i can't remember which producer said it, might have been jens bogren, but he said he uses normal hits for samples because it sounds more natural. How many people hit it full blast on every hit? i think the medium hits sound pretty close to the hard ones anyway.

More Samples from the KeithTiddyDiddyDude! Awesome man, you've put up good samples before and these are no less! Thanks =)

Sweet music btw... throw on Jamiroquai's vocals on that and I'd buy it/have sex while listening to it/dig it/party to it/chill to it/anything.

i can't remember which producer said it, might have been jens bogren, but he said he uses normal hits for samples because it sounds more natural. How many people hit it full blast on every hit? i think the medium hits sound pretty close to the hard ones anyway.

listening to TGCD by Katatonia it seems they're all heavy as fuck super hard hits :)
thx for sharing dude!

More Samples from the KeithTiddyDiddyDude! Awesome man, you've put up good samples before and these are no less! Thanks =)

Sweet music btw... throw on Jamiroquai's vocals on that and I'd buy it/have sex while listening to it/dig it/party to it/chill to it/anything.

thanks,

funny that you say that, because the vocalist sounds alot like jamiroquai at times. We need to re-record the vocals though because he was too pitchy.