Some More Of My Band's Alt-Rock!

I like it man! Very cohesive mix! I would just raise the rythmn guitar a little and turn the leads down about 5db

What is your vocal chain?!? Sounds fantastic!

I like it man! Very cohesive mix! I would just raise the rythmn guitar a little and turn the leads down about 5db

What is your vocal chain?!? Sounds fantastic!

Thanks a bunch man! Yeah, I think maybe the rhythm guitar could be more forward. I don't know if its a level thing though - they just don't sound very in your face I guess. I think that's just the nature of amp sims though.

Anyway - vocals were recorded through an SM58, which was veeerry unflattering on the singer's voice, but it was all I had access to back when I recorded this. I used a Joemeek TwinQ as the preamp, not amazing but not terrible either.
Vocal chain was something like this:
Waves RDeEsser -> Antress Modern Deathcore -> Waves Rvox -> DMG Equality -> Waves Kramer Tape -> OCS (by OCD DSP, its a nice freeware saturation plugin) -> Valhalla Vintage Verb

In any case, we're currently recording our EP, which will have a new recording of this song included, with real amps, a better vocal mic etc.

Just updated the mix - made the guitars sit a little better and brought up the vocal harmonies.
Still keen for some feedback if you guys have some.