Some new mephesto 7-string Herbert riffage, 7/8 blast madness...

SecondRateMime

New Metal Member
Jul 31, 2006
Bournemouth, UK
Ive been really lazy lately and in the past week or so spending all my time on my lounge maiden project getting our new demo together, but while jamming on the acoustic i have come up with a bunch of ideas using a tuning i love. Its standard with the low string tuned down 4 steps, so on my acoustic, the bottom was a C, but when i started jamming those same riffs on my 7 with a low G it took on a whole new feel. Of course, i now have to write a whole song around this tuning, just so i can use it, but thats the fun part. I was gonna wait untill id recorded the whole thing, but thats taking forever, so instead, i thought since havent posted anything in ages, that id use a couple of the bits i didnt know what to do with in the song and post them instead to see what you guys thought.

So yeah, its my Ibby 7321, with a low G instead of B, into TC booster and then into the herbert. Its not polished or anything, i just wanted to see what these riffs i had sounded like with drums. The breakdowny bit isnt gonna stay in 4/4 as its too normal for me, but i like the feel of the 7/8 blasting.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=685284&songID=5612746

Lemme know what you think, im having a tough time getting the low G to sound defined, but when i get my new 27" scale blackmachine, itll be much better for tension. Im also having a few issues with the drums sounding a little unbalanced between the blasting and breakdowny bit, but since it got too late, i arranged it after id recorded it, so that could be why it sounds a bit wierd.

James

that sounds fucking great. I absolutely love the riffs too, they'rve got a dissonant quality and have an ineresting melodic feel to them. Not to mention thats some professional guitar tone right there.

do you have a band? myspace? i wanna hear more.

that sounds fucking great. I absolutely love the riffs too, they'rve got a dissonant quality and have an ineresting melodic feel to them. Not to mention thats some professional guitar tone right there.

do you have a band? myspace? i wanna hear more.

Thanks a lot man, as i said, these are just the junk ideas i couldnt fit in with the bigger piece i was writing, so hopefully youll dig that even more. The only band i have right now is my loungemaiden project, in terms of proper metal, im just on my lonesome for the time being. I guess i dont play well with others, but its tough finding other musicians that are on the same wavelength or really just some that are any good at all. Ive been too much of a musical hermit lately though, i gotta find a drummer soon

James

Cool riffs! That amp sounds good but lower the cymbals ;)

yeah, dkfh was being wierd and i couldnt make the cymbols sit right, they were either too low in the blast part or too high in the breakdowny part and since it got late i settled as close to the middle as i could. But live and learn innit...

cheers for listening

James