Some Old Guy Music..

schust

Oct 24, 2007
soundcloud.com
hey guys,

been awhile since i posted around here. i'd appreciate some feedback on this if you've got a minute. i guess maybe you'd call this old school metal? hard rock? all comments welcome!

Reactions: AndyBelyash
pretty cool Schurt any chance of sharing the Raws/ or stems for us all to practice some mixing ?

As far as the music is concerned I really dig it man, great fucking work !!! As far as the mix, Im not a big fan of the guitar tone and i would like a bit more bass, amazing song though and very nice vocals :)

@S1770: Thanks man! Raws/Stems below.

@Phil_ocean: Thanks! Worked hard on the guitars, but was never 100% happy. Never seem to be... I've provided the stems below. Will be interested to hear how others approach things - especially the guitar tone. All DIs. I used X50. Thanks for listening and the feedback.

Raw stems for those who would like to take a shot at mixing this song. Many vox tracks - most unedited (my bad). All guitars/bass are DIs. Drums were midi through Superior, so midi file included with rendered stereo drums track for reference. README.txt included.

If you do take a shot and care to share - please post a link here. If you post elsewhere - please give credit where credit is due. Thanks!

Stems (484Mb)

(*Correction, 11/1/2016. New ZIP with corrected stems.)

Last edited:
Something's wrong with your raws. The clean guitar for instance has no signal, and so does the bass.

Something's wrong with your raws. The clean guitar for instance has no signal, and so does the bass.

Sorry, first time rendering to stems. The signal's actually there, just very low. If you zoom in on the bass you'll see it. I guess in Reaper you have to re-zero the fader before rendering to stems. I thought it would just do that by default (pre-fader), but apparently not. I'll have to recreate the download and re-upload. I'll post a note here once done. Probably next day or two. Thanks for letting me know.

really like how clean this mix is! well balanced. you nailed the vox! good job! I had to look up NWOBHM.. lol. I'd say your dead on!

Late 80's style Mix Thanks for the stems Mark

Last edited: