some oldschool flyers

found a new mate that is sending me some, so I'll keep on posting them here untill someone gets enough of it :) This one surely is one of the best around I think ....

exodus.jpg

carnut said:

I was at that very Festival and it was mindblowing stuff to say the least. A tremendous line-up of bands that year and I mainly went for Whitesnake, UFO, Budgie, Samson, Mantis and Krokus. On the flyer its saying Blizzard of Ozz but they didn't in fact play, I can't remember what happened but they were pulled and were replaced by Slade. I'm not much of a Slade fan but they were fantastic, had the whole crowd whipped up into a frenzy.

But who are Angel City?? The band Angel Witch were definitely there cos that was another one of my favourite bands that I was wanting to see and I can still remember clearly being quite very near the stage and belting out the song Angel Witch along with a handful of others. Awesome weekend indeed.

A friend of mine gave me a big load of Diamond Head merch, flyers, programmes and newsletters from the official Diamond Head fanclub and a Diamond Head Christmas Card 1983 I think. On the merchandise page, they used to have gorgeous Diamond Head mirrors and Diamond Head mugs, wow I would kill to get my hands on some of that gear. And its all contained in the official black Diamond Head folder that you got when you joined the fan club and its signed by all the band on the inside, and one of the programmes is signed by the band as well.

I'll need to scan some of it and let you have a wee peek at it.

J-Dubya 777 said:
The only song I remember from them was "Take a Long Line" or something like that....They were AC/DC like IIRC......

J-Dubya

I have their debut album on vinyl but I can't remember what songs are on it. And I am too damn lazy to look. I do believe they suffered from the common AC/CD-ritus that quite a few Australian bands had those days. Rose Tattoo was not completly free from that either. :)

Right I see about Angel City now. I thought at first maybe the poster was a misprint and they meant Angel Witch cos AW doesn't seem to be on that poster but they were definitely there. I've never heard of Angel City and I definitely don't remember them being at Reading Festival but maybe they were there and they were just that chronic I've deleted that memory from my mind. Either that or maybe I was too wasted to remember them. Next time I see one of my friends that was at that festival with me, I'll ask and see if they can remember a band called Angel City.

Death Animal said:
Dam cool pigs.:worship:

heavenhell.jpg

I had that issue!!!! Was at the time when I collected Hit Parader and Circus because they were metal.

Digging in a closet I found these ones:

thrashguitarmag.jpg
guitarmag.jpg

This was a local mag that had Criss Oliva on the cover after he died. Strange thing is there wasn't anything inside it about him???:erk:
PICT2467.jpg