some oldschool flyers

hardrock.jpg

tshirts.jpg

carnut said:
Great Stuff there too Kittybeast !! At KIT this weekend we saw dozens of Cirith Ungol T-shirts, a band that certainly isn't forgotten! I used to have very good contact with them in the 80's, they were very friendly guys and allways send tons of free stuff (yep, I used to have some stickers of them too, I believe they were white with very bright orange printing of the skeletons) ... I'm just thinking of Scanner, I know that name from somewhere, but can't place it in the right spot...

someone from the VR board asked me about Scanner and I had no answer for them.. the Cirith Ungol sticker I remember getting from an after-hours party in Hollywood on one of those long wild partying weekends!!:headbang: I'm trying to find the W.A.S.P. flyer from the Troubadour....not with the usual stash of memorabilia....:err:

Greeno said:
Cool! Did you ever see them live back then?

Yup. They played the college in my home town a coupla months before that meeting. They held it in the auditorium of the original building on campus and kept blowing the breakers from drawing too much power. It was kinda funny.

I think I still have the ticket from that show. It was hand drawn and *huge* for a ticket. I'll have to find it and post a pic in this thread.

Okay, I couldn't find the flyer, but I found a picture of my closet in early 80's.
closet.jpg
I have so so so many posters I've never thrown away, but really no place to put them, well those that aren't the Scorpions.... I'll still never get rid of them:loco:

Amazing you still have pics of that... I wish I had pics of my room in the 80's; I put up as many posters as possible to hide the fugly flower wallpaper :)

Awesome Kittybeast. You know, I have some pictures of my room in the 80s too! I'll have to dig 'em up, but will definately post. There was precious few inches of blank space, and I swear it I had some of the exact same pictures up that you did. Particularly some of the Scorps. I also had some big Maiden posters etc. I'll dig those photos out (but might take a bit...) Will post for sure.

kittybeast said:
Okay, I couldn't find the flyer, but I found a picture of my closet in early 80's.
I have so so so many posters I've never thrown away, but really no place to put them, well those that aren't the Scorpions.... I'll still never get rid of them:loco:

Great picture! We should start another thread for pics of our rooms from the 80's. I may have some if I can only find them. :)

Just got a STACK of early 70's Belgian pop-magazines of my attick. There's alot of glam-rock stuff in them: posters, stickers, interviews etc.. I scanned some for your pleasure ;-) I also had a huge Kiss poster, wich obviously didn't fit on the scanner ...

cooper.jpg

cooper2.jpg

queen.jpg

slade2.jpg

sladesticker.jpg

sweet%202.jpg

sweet.jpg

joepie.jpg

ElectricWiz said:
Awesome Kittybeast. You know, I have some pictures of my room in the 80s too! I'll have to dig 'em up, but will definately post. There was precious few inches of blank space, and I swear it I had some of the exact same pictures up that you did. Particularly some of the Scorps. I also had some big Maiden posters etc. I'll dig those photos out (but might take a bit...) Will post for sure.

PLEASE DO I'd love to see!! Had a moment of brilliance before moving! Seems I could always leave behind some furniture or what not but never, never, never my metal paraphenalia!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Greeno said:
WOW! That looks like a cool mag! I've heard of Mud before but never heard them, what do they sound like? Sweet and Slade?

Mud sound kinda like Slade, little bit more pop, but still hard rockin' !! The were huge in Europe around '74 with the song "Dynamite", a song rejected by The Sweet !!
http://www.stereo.pl/mp3/1/0/6/0/3/6/106036_01.mp3
Check out these vids !!

here's the "tiger feet" video ;
http://www.mudreborn.com/files/movies/tiger.rmvb

a great early Mud clip "Crazy" ;
http://www.mudreborn.com/files/movies/crazy.rmvb

funny version of "oh boy" (WITH THE GREEN SUITS OF THE MAG !!) ;
http://www.mudreborn.com/files/movies/ohboy.rmvb

carnut said:

:hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: That's glam rock as its best
erik-rock.gif

Found this one in a Riot website:

1980MOR.jpg

Greeno said:
A Diamond Head ad from an early Kerrang.

DiamondHead.jpg

Some great flyers there, especially that DiamondHead one cos they are still one of my favourite bands of alltime. I saw this poster advertised on ebay and quite fancied getting it, it would have looked brill on the wall facing my bed so that when I woke up in the monring, that would be the very first thing I would see. Unfortunately I sort of forgot all about it and the auction ended. It's a beautiful poster all the time.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MOTORHEAD-AND-SAXON-CONCERT-POSTER_W0QQitemZ7562200608QQcategoryZ42454QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Well, cleaned up some paperwork and this one appeared, completely forgot I had it...This one is from 1982 !!! Strange the Metalworks label is mentioned for the Metal Massacre sampler, normally Metal Blade records....mmm, send an email to Metal Blade to ask about it :)

Metallica.jpg