some oldschool flyers

Those magazine covers are great Carnut, thanks!!

Here are a couple more old ads.... I really like the Mongol Horde ad..

mongolhorde01.jpg

Combat.jpg

Not sure if you all will be able to read this.... I wonder if we could still order autographed copies of Jag Panzer's "Ample Destruction" for $7.99 from them? :lol:

MetalExchangead.jpg

Have any of you guys seen the book Hollywood Rocks? Full of great metal & hard rock flyers from the late 80s! Mostly glam & hair bands but alot of heavy metal and even some thrash bands in there too. Flyers looked unreal back then!!!!

Trixxi Trash said:
Have any of you guys seen the book Hollywood Rocks? Full of great metal & hard rock flyers from the late 80s! Mostly glam & hair bands but alot of heavy metal and even some thrash bands in there too. Flyers looked unreal back then!!!!

Haven't seen it...I'll see if I can "ebay" it...is it only flyers or also other stuff ??

Those are some great pictures. Brings back alot of memories of the old days. It's just not the same anymore with the internet and all. Bands don't have to post thousands of flyers around to get the word out about shows. Now they just post it on thier website or some message boards and the whole world knows.

It's mainly flyers.. I know they were selling it at Metal Sludge, a friend has it on his coffee table so I always look through when I go around!!!! It's mainly a big collection of flyers, posters, promo photos and live shots from the Hollywood glam & metal scene.

here's a City Kidd flyer, who later changed their name to TESLA

citykidd.jpg

and seeing the magazine with Cirith Ungol ( a name I haven't heard for aaaages!!) reminded me of this

cirith.jpg

Greeno said:
Not sure if you all will be able to read this.... I wonder if we could still order autographed copies of Jag Panzer's "Ample Destruction" for $7.99 from them? :lol:

I've got Briodi's autograph on Ample Destruction and the EP. He met me and a coupla friends at a mall in Colorado Springs and hand delivered them. I don't remember what I paid for them though. That was a little over 20 years ago. :D

Great Stuff there too Kittybeast !! At KIT this weekend we saw dozens of Cirith Ungol T-shirts, a band that certainly isn't forgotten! I used to have very good contact with them in the 80's, they were very friendly guys and allways send tons of free stuff (yep, I used to have some stickers of them too, I believe they were white with very bright orange printing of the skeletons) ... I'm just thinking of Scanner, I know that name from somewhere, but can't place it in the right spot...

Wheezer said:
I've got Briodi's autograph on Ample Destruction and the EP. He met me and a coupla friends at a mall in Colorado Springs and hand delivered them. I don't remember what I paid for them though. That was a little over 20 years ago. :D

Cool! Did you ever see them live back then?