Some PP UK bands announced

Cheiron

Jan 11, 2006
VANDEN PLAS, CIRCUS MAXIMUS, THY MAJESTIE, DIABLO SWING ORCHESTRA, POWER QUEST and SERENITY have been confirmed for the ProgPower UK 2008 festival, set to take place March 28-29 at Anson Rooms in Bristol, England. More acts will be announced soon.

idunno...the chick singer- (snip)

I realize the post was in jest, but it was still a bit over the top for my tastes. The phrase "sucks ass" (not that I agree mind you) would have been a good alternative choice.
Glenn

I realize the post was in jest, but it was still a bit over the top for my tastes. The phrase "sucks ass" (not that I agree mind you) would have been a good alternative choice.
Glenn

sorry :lol:...like putting a horse out of its misery i thought it would be the most humane method.

I'll rephrase

The female singers voice irritates me to a point that i cannot enjoy the music. I wish her no harm or ill health.

..and Volcane appears, considering himself duly summoned.

It's kind of tradition for a ProgPower to move venue in it's formulative years. There's a full statement on the PPUK website, but it's just too expensive to keep it at the Centaur, so we're off to Bristol. Simple as that, no hidden agenda.

We can't make the old venue pay (or even get close to break-even) with these kinds of bands, and we don't want to change the type bands we book, so we changed the venue.

Plus we can do a full Friday night and a Saturday as well. Five more bands still TBA.

Serenity has really impressed me with the songs I've listened to. Excellent singer! Kind of a Kamelot meets Raintime...

Since they start UK has best lineup of all ProgPowers, I think.
This not to bash Glenn, because easier and cheaper to take train than fly over Atlantic to play festival.

..and Volcane appears, considering himself duly summoned.

* Pellaz takes off his 'Arioch' hat and hides it behind his back, whistling innocently

It's kind of tradition for a ProgPower to move venue in it's formulative years. There's a full statement on the PPUK website, but it's just too expensive to keep it at the Centaur, so we're off to Bristol. Simple as that, no hidden agenda.

We can't make the old venue pay (or even get close to break-even) with these kinds of bands, and we don't want to change the type bands we book, so we changed the venue.

Plus we can do a full Friday night and a Saturday as well. Five more bands still TBA.

Reasonable and understandable. I'd been thinking from the photos that the Centaur was a pretty big venue for a ProgPower-type event.

I thought it appeared pretty big for a ProgPower type venue too, but thought that might be due to the fact that these types of bands are a bit bigger there than in the U.S.

As for which PP is best... I dunno. So far the Line ups for ProgPower UK have been awsome IMO, but Glenn's got some pretty impressive feathers stuck in his cap too.

I'd definately like to see DSO and PowerQuest.

Lineups are always subjective, but the challenges are definitely different. We have the 'problem' that European bands do come here more often, so it's hard to be unique.

It's just cool that PP is able to deliver some unique festivals all over the globe :headbang: