Wolverine anounced for Progpower UK III 2008!

Everyone that are planning to go to PP UK and see Wolverine play live should hold your horses for just a little while. We'll let you know more details in a few days.

Sorry I can't be more specific at this time but I need to sort out some details in this matter before I let you all in on what's happening.

I'll get back to you soon!

:ill: Sounds ominous...hope everything's alright! Well, since I live fairly close I'm still gonna go, but I hope Wolverine will still be there! And if not, then hopefully another UK gig won't be too far off!

Everyone that are planning to go to PP UK and see Wolverine play live should hold your horses for just a little while. We'll let you know more details in a few days.

Sorry I can't be more specific at this time but I need to sort out some details in this matter before I let you all in on what's happening.

I'll get back to you soon!

Thanks for the heads up.

I'm a bit skint at the minute so can't afford tickets just yet but the main draw for me to this event is the chance to see both Evergrey & Wolverine on the same night.

Considering the cost of tickets, travel and hotel for two of us it's a bit of an outlay especially if there is a problenm with you guys being there.

Just posted on our website:

It’s with very mixed feelings we have to announce that Wolverine will not be playing at ProgPower UK 2008 after all. We had really been looking forward to this show after hearing only great things about it. We do however have a really good reason for not being there. The thing is that, if all goes well, Stefan and his wife Jamina are having a child by the end of March. They just found out and are of course thrilled about this. At first we thought that we might make it to the gig anyway but since the birth then was scheduled until only 11 days before the show and it’s the first time Jamina gives birth it’s possible (and even likely) that it won’t take place until during or after the show. The option of Stefan going to the show and risking not being there when the child arrives isn’t really an option for obvious reasons.

We hope we can make it up to those of you who were looking forward to seeing us play, at a later date. Until then we’ll put all our energy into completing the next album which, so far, is taking shape pretty nicely.

We also want to express our gratitude towards the crew at ProgPower UK for being so understanding and supportive about this situation, they have really been tremendous. It just confirms all the great things people have been telling us about this festival and the people behind it.

We are really sorry to have to let our fans down by cancelling this show but at the same time we hope you understand the complexity of the situation we’re in. And as we mentioned earlier, we’ll do all we can to make it up to you! Thank you.

Congratulations Stefan and Jamina!! That's wonderful news :D I'm sorry we won't be seeing you play this time, but as it's for such a positive reason we can't be unhappy about it. Hopefully we'll be seeing you at PPUK09 instead :D
:kickass:

Congrats to Stefan and Jamina :)

Totally understandable reason to withdraw from the gig. I'll just have to wait a bit longer before seeing you live but good things come to those that wait.