WOLVERINE confirmed for ProgPower Europe 2008, playing 2 sets!

2 fantastic gigs, I'll tell ya!!!

1st one was very nice to re-live the ol' songs(don't remember if the set was much changed compared to Slottsskogen year 2000).

Next day I even shed some tears during the gig, never done that.
Very touchy and inspiring:)
Much more up-tempo songs campared to the gig in Slottsskogen 2007.

Nice to read the thoughts and the reconsider of decisions!

May the göbbness continue with you guys:)

May the göbbness continue with you guys:)

Mr göb:
DSC_5113.jpg

:heh:
H.

What a great time we had during Sunday's gig. Everything just clicked and it felt amazing to be on stage with the band. Although I struggled with a cold the voice held up through out the gig which I'm thankful for. The crowd was great too which of course makes all the difference in the world to a performing band! Personal highlights of the set was "Sleepy town", "Post life" and "And she slowly dies". The fact that we got René (Janssen, one of the main guys behind ProgPower) as excited as he was about the gig was also nice. He's been painfully honest in letting us know what he thinks about "Still" but he promised me he would give it a second chance after hearing songs off it at the gig. He, he...

Thanks to everyone who supported us! You contributed in a big way to two of the most important days in the bands career and for that I'm very grateful.

Now I'm off with Mikael to Debaser (a club in Stockholm) to see Saybia play live.

Take care, göbs! :)

I also want to say a few things regarding the past weekend in Holland.

Coming to Baarlo once again was a real trip. The ProgPower festival is really something, and it is mainly because of the fantasitc audience - always dedicated and enthusiastic! I had a great time on stage when we played our Sunday-evening set; the energy we got from the crowd really got me going - if it weren't for you, the crowd, there would be no point in stepping up on stage at all! I can honestly say that this was the best gig we ever did, and now I carry this sensation with me. I'm more motivated to continue playing in Wolverine than I've been in a long time, and believe me, this feels absolutely great, and it feels absolutely like the right thing to do!

Thanks to everyone who participated and contributed to making our experience at the ProgPower festival into something very special! Thanks to all you dedicated fans who came up to talk to me after the gig - it truly means a lot to me.

Cheers/Thomas (bassplayer of Wolverine)

Hej Thomas,

Thanks a lot for the fantastic gigs this past weekend. Didn't get the chance to talk to you after the gig, but i had a brief talk with Markus and Stefan after the gig on Sunday. Good to hear you guys enjoyed it as much as we did.
I absolutely enjoyed every minute of the set, even i didn't had the perfect sound while i was on and around the stage to get some decent shots from you guys.

Still a lot of work to process all the pics, but this Wolverine one was already done:

DSC_5306.jpg

gr.
Henk

Hej Thomas,

Thanks a lot for the fantastic gigs this past weekend. Didn't get the chance to talk to you after the gig, but i had a brief talk with Markus and Stefan after the gig on Sunday. Good to hear you guys enjoyed it as much as we did.
I absolutely enjoyed every minute of the set, even i didn't had the perfect sound while i was on and around the stage to get some decent shots from you guys.

Still a lot of work to process all the pics, but this Wolverine one was already done:

gr.
Henk

We'll make sure to chat next time! Thanks for posting the pic - a good one, if I may (very handsome model indeed)

Henk, can't wait for the rest of the pics. I'm visiting your website every day looking for that update... :) But as you said during the afterparty, I guess there's quite a bunch of photos to process so take your time. I'm sure they will be worth the wait!

Hi,

We are proud to confirm the return of WOLVERINE to ProgPower Europe once more. This year it will be very special, WOLVERINE will do 2 sets. On Sunday 5 October 2008 the band will do a regular setlist of 1 hour (Threshold is the headliner). But on Friday 3 October WOLVERINE will do a special performance at ProgPower Europe only, than the band will do the setlist of 1999! As you probably know WOLVERINE is the band that opened the first ProgPower festival ever, so we are proud they will come back at our 10th anniversary to play the setlist of 1999 once more. Be sure not to miss it because this is going to be something very special.

www.progpower.eu

Rene Janssen
ProgPower Europe organization

oh two sets...hm four songs then??:heh:

Well what can I say? This was the first time I got to see one of my favorite bands in the world and it was way above my expectations. I missed the last 2 gigs you guys played because I had to be in Brazil at the time and it was beyond frustrating for me. But now,my soul is at peace :saint: The highlights were definitely "post life","And she slowly dies" and the best Wolverine song,in my opinion," His cold touch". I have to say I'm still numb after this experience and looking forward to listening to the next album which will most certainly be another masterpiece(ok I have had the priviledge to listen to bits of it and that I know for a fact :loco: ). Apart from the gig, you guys are great company,great fun and made me have a ball on this trip! One I will never forget for sure! Thanx for allowing me to be part of the family!
Keep on shining!

All I can say is a big thank you to all the people in the crowd making the sunday gig the fantastic gig it was! I was very touched by the guys (Thomas, Mikael, Per and Stefan) performance, especially Stefans vocalperformance. I honestly think we have never sounded better live than we did on Sunday, and it was all because of the crowd! We got a special energy going there! :)
cheers
Marcus

Well what can I say? This was the first time I got to see one of my favorite bands in the world and it was way above my expectations.

Apart from the gig, you guys are great company,great fun and made me have a ball on this trip! One I will never forget for sure! Thanx for allowing me to be part of the family!
Keep on shining!

I'm glad that you, Anna and Matte got to see us perform well and with such tremendous energy - and on a stage like this (so don't be sorry you missed the previous ones).

All I can say is a big thank you to all the people in the crowd making the sunday gig the fantastic gig it was! I was very touched by the guys (Thomas, Mikael, Per and Stefan) performance, especially Stefans vocalperformance. I honestly think we have never sounded better live than we did on Sunday, and it was all because of the crowd! We got a special energy going there! :)
cheers
Marcus

You didn't perform too bad yourself Mr. Losbjer! I love playing with you...

One word to describe Wolverine at PP...AWESOME! Actually, perhaps 2 words...F*CKING AWESOME!! Review + photos on Metal Discovery very soon (+ interview). :kickass:

Hey Mark! Good to see you.. thanks a lot for the kind words. Hopefully we'll be able to return to England for a gig or two - then, perhaps, we'll see you again. And by that time I've hopefully worked on my British accent a little more, hehe! Can't wait to read the interview - I think you posed a lot of sensible questions - good job!

Cheers