WOLVERINE confirmed for ProgPower Europe 2008, playing 2 sets!

Hey Mark! Good to see you.. thanks a lot for the kind words. Hopefully we'll be able to return to England for a gig or two - then, perhaps, we'll see you again. And by that time I've hopefully worked on my British accent a little more, hehe! Can't wait to read the interview - I think you posed a lot of sensible questions - good job!

Cheers

As I said in Baarlo, your pronunciations are already spot-on. You'll have to start practicing some northern English dialects! Get watching more of those Creature Comforts!! :) And yeah, it'd be very cool to see you guys over here - the UK needs an (over)dose of Wolverine!

As I said in Baarlo, your pronunciations are already spot-on. You'll have to start practicing some northern English dialects! Get watching more of those Creature Comforts!! :) And yeah, it'd be very cool to see you guys over here - the UK needs an (over)dose of Wolverine!

Thanks man. yeah, I should put some effort into grasping and learning more northern talk - if only to piss my lecturers and professors at the Stockholm University English Department off - The Creatures WILL be watched! Who are your favourite characters in the series? I like the pigeon looking into the window, talking about varieties of pork (Christmas episode, which was the first episode I ever saw - it was so funny I thought I'd die watching it). Fluffy's cynical bitterness is also very amusing. Have you seen the vulture who loses his wig in the end of one of the episodes?

Thanks man. yeah, I should put some effort into grasping and learning more northern talk - if only to piss my lecturers and professors at the Stockholm University English Department off - The Creatures WILL be watched! Who are your favourite characters in the series? I like the pigeon looking into the window, talking about varieties of pork (Christmas episode, which was the first episode I ever saw - it was so funny I thought I'd die watching it). Fluffy's cynical bitterness is also very amusing. Have you seen the vulture who loses his wig in the end of one of the episodes?

I haven't watched any CC for a couple of years, but used to love the garden slugs (Gary & Nigel??). I definitely remember the pigeon and "varieties of pork" :lol:, but not the vulture. You must teach the Creatures to Swedish kids. Get it on the curriculum! Claim it's a contemporary analogy for Dickens' working-class Britain or something like that!!

I haven't watched any CC for a couple of years, but used to love the garden slugs (Gary & Nigel??). I definitely remember the pigeon and "varieties of pork" :lol:, but not the vulture. You must teach the Creatures to Swedish kids. Get it on the curriculum! Claim it's a contemporary analogy for Dickens' working-class Britain or something like that!!

Brilliant idea!

Hang in there, working on the Wolverine pics right now. Since i don't have that much from the Saturday gig (not the best lights) i'll publish the pics from both gigs at the same time. Expect a full upload from both sets tomorrow night or saturday at the latest. I know you guys are dying to see them :cool:

DSC_5274.jpg

H.

Can't wait!

Great picture by the way! Handsome young man in it as well... :)

The picture is really nice, but I don't know if I agree with you on the handsome-young-man part. If you scroll up a bit you will find a truly handsome character!

Great stuff Henk! My favourite picture is the one where Stefan holds the microphone-cable between two fingers (one of the last pictures, hehe) Great posing!

/Thomas

Thanks guys, it was a pleasure (although i prefer working an entire evening on pics from a band with a really good looking female singer tho:p)

No problem to send you guys the original sized pics. The published ones are 536*356, the original sized pics are 4288*2848. the folder on my computer containing the originals is 500MB. Let me know the size and .jpg quality you'd like to have them.
Send me a PM or at: henk at havermout dot cistron dot nl

H.

Wow, am I ever late to this party. In my opinion, both gigs were amazing. I loved the old stuff since I had seen Wolverine perform in 2001 (and absolutely loved them back then already), and His Cold Touch just has an insane energy... but the gig with the more recent material was just so, so much better. It made me appreciate how much energy and tension there is even in the more unassuming songs off Still (which is, btw, my favourite album). This was my definite high point during PP 2008. You're the band that has played PP most often now (four times), but as far as I'm concerned, you can come to the festival every single year.

Can't wait for the new album!

Wow, am I ever late to this party. In my opinion, both gigs were amazing. I loved the old stuff since I had seen Wolverine perform in 2001 (and absolutely loved them back then already), and His Cold Touch just has an insane energy... but the gig with the more recent material was just so, so much better. It made me appreciate how much energy and tension there is even in the more unassuming songs off Still (which is, btw, my favourite album). This was my definite high point during PP 2008. You're the band that has played PP most often now (four times), but as far as I'm concerned, you can come to the festival every single year.

Can't wait for the new album!

Thank you so much for the kind words! Really glad to hear you enjoyed our performances to that extent. I, for one, am most satisfied with our performance on the second evening - it was special... it was pure magic...

Cheers