Some questions to the band! =D

Guitardeth

Drick bärs nu för faan!
Apr 29, 2004
Hello dudes!

Hm, sorry about that first post, somehow I can't remove it..

I would be so glad if I could ask you som questions to complement the info about you on the homepage :loco:

If you have time, please answer them: :D

1. Are you guys christians or dedicated to any other religion?

2. How do you perform the writing of your songs? Do you simply just jam together and recording untill you find something, like a riff, progression or maybe even a vocal line, to work on? Or is made

3. Which are the 5 most important albums to each one of you from when you began to play to the forming of Sun Caged?

4. What is the most important part of a song do you think? Technique? Feeling? Vocals? Bandmembers? Attitude? A mix of all mentioned aspects?

5. What will Sun Caged sounds like 2014?

Thanks for taking your invaluable time, guys! :worship:

/Anders

Guitardeth said:
Hello dudes!

Hm, sorry about that first post, somehow I can't remove it..

I would be so glad if I could ask you som questions to complement the info about you on the homepage :loco:

If you have time, please answer them: :D

1. Are you guys christians or dedicated to any other religion?

2. How do you perform the writing of your songs? Do you simply just jam together and recording untill you find something, like a riff, progression or maybe even a vocal line, to work on? Or is made

3. Which are the 5 most important albums to each one of you from when you began to play to the forming of Sun Caged?

4. What is the most important part of a song do you think? Technique? Feeling? Vocals? Bandmembers? Attitude? A mix of all mentioned aspects?

5. What will Sun Caged sounds like 2014?

Thanks for taking your invaluable time, guys! :worship:

/Anders
Hehehe.... :)
No problemo!

Answers:

1. Nope.
2. Mostly (in this band), a song gets written by 1 or 2 people.
A demo version with the basic riffs and programmed drums gets recorded. All members get a mp3 of this song so we can work out our own seperate lines and/or lyrics at home. The next rehearsal we play the song a few times and work it out as a band and me maybe even add or change some things so it starts to get it's form.

I practically always get my ideas for songs when I lay in bed or at other stupid times (LOL) and write it down in case I have pen and paper near me.
I also can get inspiration of a lot of things (not always other music), too much stuff to notice!

3. I have no idea.........
To be quite honest, I was totally out of metal right before I joined SC. At that time I mostly played instrumental music. I guess I listened to a lot of King Crimson, Stick music and fusion. SC kinda made go back to metal I guess. :)

4. Personally I think that depends a lot on wich kind of song/style you are talking about. When I look at the aspects you noticed than I think technique is the less important one. It's very nice and pretty handy when you have a good technique but I don't like it when music is just based on technique.
As a musician, music with a lot of feeling touches me much more.
But ofcourse since we're talking about prog-rock/metal, if you can combine all noticed aspects, that's really perfect!

5. In 2014? Totally like Dire Straits.

Cheers! ;)

Rob

Freak Neil said:
I practically always get my ideas for songs when I lay in bed or at other stupid times (LOL)

Yeah, I'm familiar with that too, hahaha! :hotjump:

Dire Straits!! :OMG: Well, Pantera started playing cheezy glam-rock.. =D

Thanx for the reply, Rob! Take care!