Some ROCK for you (Slate, Soldano, Bogner, ya mum etc.)

The vox signal chain was a Neumann U89 (an old beaten up one, that sounds kinda odd) into an Avalon AD2022. I think I didn't use the distressor on the way in that time, even though one was available. Thanks for the comment!

I, too like the second one more but I can't really put my finger on why, it just sounds a bit more polished maybe.

I think mix 2 has better individual sounds, but mix 3 has a certain punch that I like better. Especially when the vocals kick in at the start, it's a nicer wall when it all comes together.

Cheers guys. I'm going with mix #3 and the artist signed off on it. I'm hoping for the mastering stage to tighten up the overall bass, as its out of control in the wrong spots and causing the mix to clip like a hoe when I limit (ie. clip) it. Now the question is where to master it... I haven't had any experience with the local houses, and have considered actually getting someone in the states to do it.

sounds good LSD. I'll get a copy of the track down your way when I've done the entire CD. What we're looking for is a really high quality job... 'world class' if I dare say so myself, and I'd say we probably have more chance sending it off to Germany than getting an Aussie to do it :)

sounds good LSD. I'll get a copy of the track down your way when I've done the entire CD. What we're looking for is a really high quality job... 'world class' if I dare say so myself, and I'd say we probably have more chance sending it off to Germany than getting an Aussie to do it :)

;)

I'll try my best, no risk on your side

sounds good. Your sample choices fit the song well. Great song and amazing vocalist, kinda Bon Scott at times, definitely dig a modernized AC/DC feel to this. For toms, the new QiK toms are just what you need, they are in the 2.0 collection. If those are still too resonant they should easily gate up nicely.

when is the dm!n drumagog video going out slate ? i :saint:

cant figured out how to do faaast toms hits with samples! it sound horrible in my mixes, just the fast toms

any help?

I think the 3rd mix you posted fits the reference mixes you cited (i.e. Nickelback and Breaking benjamin), but I think those bands use Rectos and don't play galloping rhythms that much. In that sense, I think your tone fits the gallops and stuff a bit better, but it's more "metal" and less "Mesa modern radio rock".

I really like the guitar tone you have going for this, I'd love to hear it in a full on metal song.

Mix sounds great to me, but the band isn't my taste.

Hi felipe, if you read through the thread, you'll see that I've listed a lot of the things we used, including the amps. I can't release the full song because this will be released as a CD, and it isn't my place to leak entire songs.