Some short questions for Travis

blackblood

blackblood
Sep 9, 2002
Visit site
I love every work from you i saw,especially the darkest and most detailed artworks(i like to call them paintings).. they're very evocative.. I appreciated that you tried to keep more variety enriching your style (Anathema..)
1. I'm a huge KD fan.Can you tell me something more about Abigail 2 cover
2.Will you do also The Puppet Master,the next KD album?Can you anticipate me just the main colour of the artwork?
3.It was you to have the idea of the shadow(with the form of a cross) in Opeth's Still Life artwork?
4.Do you like Paul Gregory's new artwork of the new Saxon?
http://www.saxon747.com/
5.Do you like Bill Sienkiewicz and would you realize comics for Marvel,DC or something else.
6.Could you suggest me the best comics (visually)in your opinion?

Sorry for the many answers,you deserve to be payed much more than the 95% of the artists.

STAY HEAVY!

Thank you very much. I'll answer the questions best I can.

1. Sure...what would you like to know?
2. I have heard nothing about a new KD and haven't talked to King or Andy in awhile, so I don't know...I'd love to though
3. Yes. it's actually the cross with the reflection of a man.
4. It's very good, but i see so much of that kind of artwork, I don'y pay as close attention to it as much as i should.
5. I don't know that name, and yes i would if they asked me.
6. I have not read a coming in years so maybe someone else here can asnwer that question for you?

Well, basically i wanted to know different things about Abigail 2 artwork.
1)What did King tell you before you realize the artwork of Abigail 2,just to understand all your personal ideas, your free input to the artwork and the concept behind it.

2)Did you use a picture of a girl to represent Abigail, i heard she's similar to a girl that dances and plays some roles during the KD shows(i always saw her on stage)

3)The light of the lantern produce a certain fog effect that i find quite fascinating and this, right when Abi is ready to join the mansion with only the iron gate between her and Jonathan's house.Does Abigail have in the left hand a lantern similar to that kept by the "little one"(i don't think the light is coming from the mansion)?

4)Have you seen the movie "The Others"?There's a scene very similar to this artwork,with a dark mansion,a strange fog,a young girl and that eerie feeling.. It's a cool movie if you haven't seen yet.

Final note on Abigail 2 artwork: In the first Abigail artwork there was a coach taking Jonathan and Miriam to the mansion.
In the second part the iron gate at the entrance of the mansion shouldn't it be much bigger to allow a coach and some horses to go through? Cause Abigail seems quite near to the iron gate.. but maybe i'm proportionally wrong.

About the next KD album will be called The Puppet Master and it's a story claimed by King like his best ever, located in Budapest many centuries ago (à la Abigail).You can find more infos in the kd forum,where your Abigail 2 artwork has been voted the best kd cover ever in one thread(but the board seems to be down now..).
So you can read the very long King's new statement here:
http://www.covenworldwide.org/interviews.htm

I really hope you' ll make every King's new release (MF too).
Thanks for your attention
STAY HEAVY

1. the concept is all king's. he send me a sketch and told me exactly what to do. That's why it was hard. I had to interpret exactly what he saw.

2. They sent me a pic of the girl's face to use. but in the photo she was looking straight back at us, which didn't work with the perspective we had to do, so i used a friend of mine's girlfriend.

3. I lit the latern, then added fog and lit that as well. The little figure holding the lantern is little one/baby abigail.

4. no. I started to, and fell asleep. that would have been a great location to photo tho.

5. I thought in the first they stopped at the gate and walked? I don't know. I went from exactly what king wanted and they checked over everything, incuding the gate. He knows this better than me, so if he was happy, then so was I :)

Thanks for the link. I read the news, but couldn't find a forum