Some Soilwork news

Bear

Got Shred??
Feb 6, 2002
Canton, Georgia
I still they they should play the fest even with all the touring they do, they destroy live and would be a great co headliner one year. just my opinion

Anwyays Pathos guitairst Daniel Antonnson is playing with them and may be come a full member , very cool Pathos kicks all kinds of ass!!!

SOILWORK Frontman Says New Guitarist Hasn't Yet Been Confirmed - May 11, 2006 SOILWORK vocalist Björn "Speed" Strid has posted the following message on the band's official web site:

"It's been ages… Anyways, had a good tour with HYPOCRISY, SCAR SYMMETRY and ONE MAN ARMY in Europe. We also did our first festival for this summer last weekend (yes, the summer has actually arrived in Sweden...). We played among the fjords in Norway (unfortunately it was a indoor festival), still a cool place though.

"Something unexpected happened that day: I got sick as a dog when we arrived and performed on stage with 40 degrees of fever (which is how much in Fahrenheit?... Hmm… no clue... it's hellish, though!!). Back home from the festival I had to go straight to the hospital from the airport and they made me stay the night. They found a virus value of 130 in my blood (the value is normally below 8, in a normal condition...) I really don't know what kind of virus that was, but I tell you it was pure hell. I'm glad it wasn´t a normal tour (for example the one we did with HYPOCRISY), then probably Peter Tägtgren would invite me on the bus for some straight-whiskey-northern-Swedish-fever-cure and I'm sure I wouldn't say no, since I enjoy drinking with that guy. The only thing is that I would probably be dead by now.

"I'm on the heaviest possible medication right now and I'm starting to feel good enough to pick up the guitar and write some shit.

"Let me also clarify some things about the [second] guitarist situation: I know that some of you people have seen on some website (take a guess where...) that we have confirmed Daniel Antonsson [DIMENSION ZERO, PATHOS] as the new guitarist of SOILWORK. It's true that he's been touring with us and we like him very much both as a human and as a player, but we have NOT confirmed his spot in SOILWORK. We have decided to go slow with this and really take our time before we make any decisions. We'll keep you updated on that story, nobody else."

SOILWORK's latest CD, "Stabbing the Drama", is available now on Nuclear Blast Records. The follow-up to 2003's "Figure Number Five" was recorded at Fascination Street studios in Örebro and Dug-Out Productions in Uppsala, Sweden with producer Daniel Bergstrand (MESHUGGAH, IN FLAMES, STUCK MOJO).

Bear

Wow!!! This is more "breaking news" than RHINO to re-release Q2K!!!!

Come on......... I am not one to normally crap on people's tastes in music, but the mall core kids don't even care about SOILWORK anymore.....

Jasonic said:
Wow!!! This is more "breaking news" than RHINO to re-release Q2K!!!!

Come on......... I am not one to normally crap on people's tastes in music, but the mall core kids don't even care about SOILWORK anymore.....

Scuse me? Soilwork isn't mall core dude, your not even close bud!!!

Bear

Bear said:

Bear

I didn;t say that they were mallcore. Just pointing out that in recent years their fan base was mostly the mallcore kids. Same thing with In Flames.

Jasonic said:
I didn;t say that they were mallcore. Just pointing out that in recent years their fan base was mostly the mallcore kids. Same thing with In Flames.

Who cares who their fanbase is? Do you listen to an album because you like the music, or because you think the band has "cool" fans?

Sumeet said:
Who cares who their fanbase is? Do you listen to an album because you like the music, or because you think the band has "cool" fans?

You missed my point. My point was in my opinion, this band is irrelevant these days. Their past 2 albums were very bland. With the past 2, they gained the mall core crowd, who doesn't seem to be very interested anymore.

I don't care for this band due to their lackluster past couple of efforts.

Bear said:

Bear

I respectfully disagree... since Natural Born Chaos, all Soilwork has done IMO is play pretty standard metalcore. Not bad metalcore, just not special.

Jasonic said:
Their past 2 albums were very bland. With the past 2, they gained the mall core crowd, who doesn't seem to be very interested anymore.

HAHAHA Oh my God, dude you must be heavily on drugs.... "bland" and "mallcore"... what's next, they're emo too? :lol: :lol:

Soilwork aren't bad. I saw them at ozzfest 2005, they were pretty good.

BUT, i have to admit, their lastest few albums just aren't melodic enough for me, too much screaming and not enough musicality, as some of you above said, they are kind of getting less melodic with their instruments and more trivium meets new slipknot.

remember, all you flamers, all of this is IMO so don't go saying its bullshit cuz im not stating the newest dictionary entry or anything (facts)

Jasonic said:
You missed my point. My point was in my opinion, this band is irrelevant these days. Their past 2 albums were very bland. With the past 2, they gained the mall core crowd, who doesn't seem to be very interested anymore.

First, I have found their last few efforts not that great and I'm not defending those albums (FNF/STD). However, for you to say they are irrelevant, and basing that irrelevancy on the fact that the mallcore kids dont even listen to them anymore, is one of the fucking dumbest things I've seen said here in a long time. All of the sudden we're suppose to give a damn about what the mallcore kids think about Soilwork and have that alter our opinions? If metal is about promoting some sort of individual thought (which I'll admit that it doesn't all the time, but it has its moments), then you sir have failed.

Whoever they get will have some big shoes to fill. Peter wrote a lot of my favorite Soilwork tunes. Oh well, Scar Symmetry's my favorite melodeath band these days anyway.

I love Soilwork. Have for a long time, and hope to continue to for a long time. Unlike In Flames (who was THE band :( :(), Soilwork doesn't shit all over their legacy with their newer records. You can hear some sort of evolution in Soilwork, especially after Devin Townsend's input. Stabbing The Drama wasn't their best record but it still at least sounds like Soilwork. That being said, I can't wait to hear what's next for the band. Seemed like a few years ago bands were into simplicity and now the anty has been upped and the goal is back to creating TRUE metal. I know they have all the skills to write another masterpiece. Cheers!

AngraRULES said:
HAHAHA Oh my God, dude you must be heavily on drugs.... "bland" and "mallcore"... what's next, they're emo too? :lol: :lol:

Ok, for the SECOND time now (Not sure what is so hard to get here), I never said musically that SOILWORK were mallcore. I said they attracted that crowd in recent years.

That in and of itself has nothing to do with why I have lost interest in the band.

I was simply pointing out that it appears to me that their newer fans aren't really into them all that much anymore.

I disagree wholeheartedly. Soilwork has been getting bigger and bigger. The last headlining show they played in SF was awesome, and it was packed. Minimal kids at the show, just your basic metal crowd. I think Jason your making assumptions based off your opinion and well, your wrong.

Stabbing the Drama is my favorite Soilwork album and that is anything but bland. It kicks all kinds off ass.

Bear