some thoughts about sx

romeoShreddah

New Metal Member
Jan 11, 2003
Visit site
I heard Symphony X the first time about a year ago. I ignored it and tried to find reasons why whey sucked. It worked for a while but i soon got really interested in romeos (and the other guys) playing. A few weeks later i was stuck and since the Sx is n1:D

Most people seems to think DWOT is their best album but i dont agree. I rank DWOT somewhere in the middle. Personally i think TiO and V is their best albums. V for masterpieces like Communoin and the Oracle and Rediscovery. TiO for songs like Orion - the Hunter and the Relic (which has one of the coolest solos Ive ever heard).

Symphony X isnt a very known band and most people will never hear them. This is BAD because they dont know what theyre missing. Sx has the potential to be one of the top heave metal band in the world but then more people need to discover them.

Symphony X style is unique. Symphony X is the BEST!!!:worship:

Originally posted by romeoShreddah
I heard Symphony X the first time about a year ago. I ignored it and tried to find reasons why whey sucked. It worked for a while but i soon got really interested in romeos (and the other guys) playing. A few weeks later i was stuck and since the Sx is n1:D

Most people seems to think DWOT is their best album but i dont agree. I rank DWOT somewhere in the middle. Personally i think TiO and V is their best albums. V for masterpieces like Communoin and the Oracle and Rediscovery. TiO for songs like Orion - the Hunter and the Relic (which has one of the coolest solos Ive ever heard).

Symphony X isnt a very known band and most people will never hear them. This is BAD because they dont know what theyre missing. Sx has the potential to be one of the top heave metal band in the world but then more people need to discover them.

Symphony X style is unique. Symphony X is the BEST!!!:worship:

Amen to that! :)

Sounds very similar. I found about SX from a friend of mine, by the time I was hooked on bands like Pantera, Slayer, Metallica, Megadeth and a lot of heavy metal bands. I was kind of skeptical. The first song I heard from SX was 'Evolution (The grand design)'. I guess it's human nature to fear and/or avoid what's different (avoid in this case). But here I am, I love this band, they're great musicians. I think they're pretty much the only band whose all songs I like and enjoy, and that takes a lot!

:headbang:

These days I only need to listen to one band to get what I want from music.. Talented musicians, diversity, and class :)

Symphony X.

Symphony X albums are in my "rotate" stack of CDs...meaning they stick around in my CD player a lot along with others.

The thing is, I listen to variety of metal (except Math... not too appealing to met ...yet or never) and I find semi-prog metal bands and prog-metal bands like Symphony X to be really...really fucking awesome.

They put so much feeling of "enchantment" or what nots into their music, it's great!

I wouldn't mind at all if Symphony X decides to go semi-prog or something. They have the skills and the creativity to sound good in any genre (but they should stick to prog since they began with that :) )

I worship too. :worship:

Best band I have ever heard.. The band I respect the most in this world. They should put of a statue of the guys instead of the statue of liberty! :)

"And if you look to the right, you will see how music SHOULD be..!"

I heard Symphony X only a month or so ago. I was skeptical when I heard about them, but their first song I heard, Evolution, won me over. I plan on buying The Odessey and I've got about 15 of their songs saved to my HD...

They're so awesome. The drums..The vocals..The lyrics..The music!

They're my second favorite band next to Opeth.

I love SymphonyX since the first time i heard them. And the first time i heard them was about 4 years ago now.

I love the high quality in their musik. They have so much feeling in their songs, thats amazing. I never got bored of them.

The first song i heard was "of sins and shadows" from TDWOT.
I didn't like prog that much at that time. But since i heard this song i loved it.

The only thing i don't really like at SX is Romeos guitar-sound. I'm playing guitar for 6 years now. And Romeo is a god. But i can't stand the sound of his ESP. For my taste the mids are much to overdrived. but thats all

I love SX they are my absolute favourite band.

they :headbang:

Originally posted by Pinhead
I love SymphonyX since the first time i heard them. And the first time i heard them was about 4 years ago now.

I love the high quality in their musik. They have so much feeling in their songs, thats amazing. I never got bored of them.

The first song i heard was "of sins and shadows" from TDWOT.
I didn't like prog that much at that time. But since i heard this song i loved it.

The only thing i don't really like at SX is Romeos guitar-sound. I'm playing guitar for 6 years now. And Romeo is a god. But i can't stand the sound of his ESP. For my taste the mids are much to overdrived. but thats all

I love SX they are my absolute favourite band.

they :headbang:

I agree with everything there especially the last paragraph. The guitar sound on the Odyssey I found was absolutely grating. Romeo guides the guitar like it was a part of his body... But I'm surprised I didn't see him running his nails down a guitar shaped chalkboard on the Odyssey booklet photos. Geeeeeee!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by korruption
I agree with everything there especially the last paragraph. The guitar sound on the Odyssey I found was absolutely grating. Romeo guides the guitar like it was a part of his body... But I'm surprised I didn't see him running his nails down a guitar shaped chalkboard on the Odyssey booklet photos. Geeeeeee!!!!!!!!

Hmm, I dont see whats so grating about the Odyssey guitar sound. I think its the 2nd best sound hes gotten (first being DWoT).