somebody please right me some stuff to get better at guitar!!

jo jo

New Metal Member
Aug 10, 2005
because im getting to that point and ive been playing for three years now and i need to learn some really good stuff and dont give me any sweeps unless they are really abstract jazz ones because i already know the ones that yngwie and stuff uses all the time those get pretty easy once you get the hang of it. :Spin:

Check out Rons site for some mad licks. I have a few crazy classical pieces I tab if that music takes your fancy (Zigeunerweisen op.20) Lots of stuff out their but the best way to get your playing going is to play with other good musicians

Advice: Start studying composition, or better, start composing!. When I say studying, what I mean is to listen to Spastic Ink, Spiral Architect, and all of those techy techy bands and start anylizing their songs structures, what kind of modes they use. Basically, almost all of the greatest guitar players are great not only because of their technical skills, but also for the quality of their compositions. Ron is a perfect example of this.
Also, the greatest way to learn new thing is to try to tab the songs yourself, you will probably learn waaaay more by tabbing songs than by just learning a few licks to impress your friends. Again, try tabbing some SA or SI song. Of course, it will take you some time, but it's a very rewarding experience.
And last but not least, try to take some ear training lessons, you have no idea how useful that is.