SOMEONE NEEDS TO EXPOSE ZANE (CDINZANE)

It's actually sad to see this shit going on. Zane at least brought some serious cd's to ProgPower and he was cool to deal with. Its impossible to replace what he brought to the table, but impossible to get involved in these shady business ventures

I believe this was covered already...

You should team up with Zane. Do a promotional video where you chug the donater's beer of choice every time they make a donation to Zane's indiegogo project.

I'd donate a few times just to see you chug some Bud Light, Bush, and Old Milwaukie.

:)

Now that would be metal! /m\ /m\

It's pretty hilarious that Zane only collected $310 of a projected goal of $25k in two months. I'd say the public saw through that joke of a startup pretty clearly. I need to find out who those four supporters were so I can sell them a bucket of shit.

Britt

One was anonymous which was probably Zane himself. :lol:

If he can't attend I wish Ken or Ned would reconsider coming back.

$2500 USD
The "Royalty Writer" Package Change Perk
There is ONLY 1 YOU! ...and there is ONLY 1 OPPORTUNITY for this contribution! Your NAME will be printed at THE TOP of the Limited Edition T-Shirt Wayne Joyner (The Weather Channel/Progpower USA) will create, giving you ultimate bragging as the TOP SPONSOR! You also get to write the METAL NEWS for 1 year, along side us! We'll buy you the latest CD's/DVD's monthly for the full year, giving you the newest material to write news about ! You also get paid $100/month for your writing (12-months)
0 out of 1 claimed

HOLY COW! Where's my debit card???

Oh, wait.. I already do this for free. No shirt, though..

Hey now! I live in Erie and the Lake water tastes just fine! You just gotta avoid the floating fish corpses when you bend down to take a drink

Well, that and the algae that shut down the entire Toledo water supply for several days last year, and cross your fingers that the water from the Cuyahoga doesn't CATCH FIRE AGAIN.

Ever see the SNL classic with Lake Erie bottled water "Swill"?

Zane has been Music Importer on Amazon for ages. But really, the size of one's biz has everything to do with one's success in biz. IOW, a biz can grow no faster than it can grow. And that growth has to be made using a foundation of reality. False claims always come back to bite one on one's back door eventually. I wish the guy well and hope one day he learns to live in the real world and stop with the false claims of selling 100 of this, 200 of that... and BTW please notice the photos of my imaginary warehouse etc etc. People are not fooled or impressed by faux grandeur. And I mean all this with respect to you Zane. You CAN do better than this, and you would actually be able to run a profitable biz by doing so. Baby steps. I haven't been in biz 28+ years without acknowledging and learning from past mistakes.

I do not understand those posting negatively on the Progpower Forum towards us. After years of service to Progpower USA (over 12 physical shows), their staff and visitors, I have viewed in disbelief, the insensitivity and cruelty some of the repeat visitors to this forum have been allowed to direct at me, or what we have created, and that repeatedly continue to be allowed to try and destroy the businesses we have created by posting here.
In an effort to rebrand and bring bigger faster databases, better store fronts (the 5th created) and better offerings of IMPORTS to larger audiences, I cannot believe the incredible LITERAL HATE that has been directed our way EXCLUSIVELY on this forum. It’s happened no other place. “You shop our stores for years, you visit us with a smile at Progpower and take advantages of our sales and then you HATE us behind our backs”,? … and this is because our new business requires funding and we felt you would be there to help support us after all these years?

For any of you whom think shutting down a former business of hundreds-of-thousands of dollars a year and having a backend database full of clientele that have bought from your company for over 14 years, should be able to just fund itself, I am sorry, that’s not reality. For those of you that think it’s “OK” to troll behind your home computer and talk negatively about a business and that it won’t destroy a new venture, well you are wrong. Our new team attempted to rebrand and bring something better to music lovers, and we based it around you. We catered to your direction so that you (again) could have a BETTER one stop shop. Now through the Progpower Forum, you are being allowed to and live behind a screen and slander us repeatedly? It’s the SOLE reason why we (logically) are unable to attend Progpower USA this year. With over 2100 visitors to the last negative Progpower Forum slander event towards our funding campaign, it was very evident that we were not wanted at the show any longer. Now do you wonder why only $310 was raised? Thank you for the help.

Both my wife, my staff and myself have worked with many of you for years and were counting on business investors to help us startup our new store: “yes John (madman, whatever…), companies need financial backing, especially when being out of service for a year or starting a net-new venture! …and this is called “crown funding” and you’ve helped destroy the funding for us!” I worked very hard over the past years to bring you GREAT products, a HUGE music booth and to team-up with Progpower, to bring you the sampler over the past 3 years, free of charge to you. I also worked hard to make sure the show was promoted well with EVERY phone call and sale we had. I simply do not understand YOUR HATE, but I feel it.

Some of the visitors on the forum, such as John Cassara (ok I need stage name“The Mad Man”), former Ned whom felt the need to chime in because he's so MUCH more experienced, Troy Marchant and others, seem to think it’s ok/or their entitled to make up something to hurt others. I don’t understand your HATE, motives or ill will towards us. Some of you list “shady business ventures” but what were they? Was it that we could not get your order to you fast enough? Was it that I personally did not answer your phone call? Was it because you knew my name and had someone’s name to direct your hate towards? Or was it because we interacted with you on a forum.

Whatever your reason, the reason we will not be attending Progpower this year is because of those that have created a large HATE towards us on this forum. If that was your ultimate goal, you have succeeded.

I harbor no ill will to you, I bought a couple CDs from you at the fest each year and as a business owner, I wouldn't take joy in seeing anyone go through troubled times, but there are a couple of really contradictory things you said:

I cannot believe the incredible LITERAL HATE that has been directed our way EXCLUSIVELY on this forum. It’s happened no other place.
With over 2100 visitors to the last negative Progpower Forum slander event towards our funding campaign, it was very evident that we were not wanted at the show any longer. Now do you wonder why only $310 was raised? Thank you for the help.
If the hate was only here and other forums were receptive, then it doesn't stand to reason that this forum is the reason the crowdfunding campaigns failed. Your first statement implies that other forums were receptive to the idea, yet none of their members contributed? That doesn't check out. The fact that you only raised $310 implies that the campaign was poorly planned and going to fail, regardless of what anyone here said.

Both my wife, my staff and myself have worked with many of you for years and were counting on business investors to help us startup our new store: “yes John (madman, whatever…), companies need financial backing, especially when being out of service for a year or starting a net-new venture!
You never really explained why CDInzane was closing, you abruptly closed down and left people to wonder what was going to happen to open orders, unpaid invoices, etc., and your tactic for the first several weeks was radio silence. You don't owe your consumers an explanation, but when you abruptly close down one business then magically reappear a few weeks later asking for money to start a new business that does almost the exact same thing, people are going to have a lot of questions. You can choose not to answer those questions, but people aren't going to be eager to give you money if you're unwilling to explain what's going on.

I don't blame you for being emotional about your business, it's your livelihood, but blaming the ProgPower community for your problems isn't going to fix anything, nor is it going to instill confidence in people who may not have had past problems with you but were curious to see how it all played out.

Oh come on Zane, do you really believe people will fund your retail biz, because they love you? Do you actually think that anyone would care if you sink or swim? Do you expect people to still believe you have a staff beyond you and your wife? And BTW, yes I DO happen to have a lot of experience in running a biz.

In reality, this whole issue has went past bizarre. And I can see my suggestions have been brushed off as so much drivel, which I really don't care either way. But the fact remains you aren't at PP this year because you can't afford to make the trek. I know the profit margin you work with, plus the gas and motels, table fees etc to do PP. You would have to do twice the volume you have done on average, to be able to keep your biz model afloat. You can tell us you won't be there because of the hate, but you and everyone knows better. But keep on with the same explanations. Just try to remember it's like the Hide-a-Spare-Key Fake Rock you find on Amazon. The secret is out. Now everyone knows about the fake rock and does find your keys.