Someone told me that Aborym...

Sadistik

Let me die in solitude...
May 30, 2001
California
Visit site
...were hardcore into white power/nazi stuff. is this true?

I have all the al;bums, and have not seen any indication of this outside of a few generral "metal" references (i.e. Iron crosses, and SS in one of the band members' name)...

If this is true I shall be selling my Aborym CD's....

what? Black metal is inherently Nazi now, you fuck? I was simply trying to find out whether a band I was supporting is Nazi or not, as I would not like to support such ridulousness. Maybe you should find another kind of music to listen to, as you are obviously closeminded and uneducated...oh, and the name is in reference to Sadistic Intent....a BAND....moron...

I wonder who the moron/closeminded might be?
Could it be the one who cant listen to music for the sake of the music?
Just for fun lets say they where Nazis would the music all of a sudden become shit to you then?
Or would they start to hurt your feelings?

oh, and im so sorry for that misstake i did with your name, i should have realised that it was the band Saditic Intent you where refearing to...
I mean they invented that word didn´t they?

Sasrof of Diabolicum said:
I wonder who the moron/closeminded might be?
Could it be the one who cant listen to music for the sake of the music?
Just for fun lets say they where Nazis would the music all of a sudden become shit to you then?
Or would they start to hurt your feelings?

oh, and im so sorry for that mistake i did with your name, i should have realised that it was the band Saditic Intent you where refearing to...
I mean they invented that word didn´t they?

When did I say the music would become shit to me? I just wouldn't be supportive of the band anymore. Nothing to do with the quality of the music in this case....but it doesn't seem to be a worry, so I won't worry about it...I've been reassured.

And by the "sadistic Intent" thing, I meant you were a moron for using my screen name to jump to conclusions about my personality.

...I still have all my Burzum albums, just to have that said, but just to contribute to this interesting discussion: the first ones to hit the showers if the nazis took over would be us longhaired beerdrinkers & hellraisers, wouldn't you think so....

I was simply trying to find out whether a band I was supporting is Nazi or not, as I would not like to support such ridulousness.

join_bw_letter.jpg

Sadistik ... i find it rather ironic that you have a signature with a Nazi Soldier on it. Maybe I am missing the joke ... but the guy in the picture is wearing a swastika insignia.

So who is the Nazi supporter here????

Maybe the soldier has the swastika insignia for the sake of proving the fact that supporting the war against terrorism (which includes attacking thousands of innocents) is as ridiculous as supporting Nazi beliefs.
I don't think Sadistik is that dumb...

lurch70 said:
join_bw_letter.jpg

Sadistik ... i find it rather ironic that you have a signature with a Nazi Soldier on it. Maybe I am missing the joke ... but the guy in the picture is wearing a swastika insignia.

So who is the Nazi supporter here????

Oh man.........how obvious can a joke be? It's implying that Bush's war on terror is Nazi-istic

What do personal (political) ideological views have to do with appreciating a band? As long as they, - the (political) ideological views-, are not (explicitly) mentioned within the lyrics (or music) it should not matter.

If, for instance Aborym band members were supporters of extreme rightwinged political ideas while none of their ideological views are expressed in their lyrics or their music; and you were still to sell the albums by them that you own motivated purely by the band members personal political conviction, you would be discriminating. This I find extremely closeminded.

Now if their lyrics were full of nazi propaganda, or any other political or ideological propaganda that you can not identify with, for that matter- you would have a valid point of dislikeing their albums and thus of selling them. But selling them because members of a band have convictions that are not to your likeling is, as stated before: lame. Even if your grandparents were put in concentrationcamps.

I would like to go into this matter deeper but alas time does not permit me to do so.

^*^

Note: I am not implying that Aborym are nazi's - I just used them as a example since the post is about them.

I'm going to make the assumption, Sadistik, that your ancestry is christian (primarily for examples sake); and anyone else here for that matter. Now considering that black metal is primarily anti-christian and shows much hate for those who participate in it, wouldn't you be listening to music that passionately hates your ancestry? My family (not my direct family) is heavily christian and here I listen to music that despises my family. Just a thought that came to mind, that I personally found kind of funny in my situation. I was wondering what you guys may have thought of this...?