Someone told me that Aborym...

Morningrise said:
I'm going to make the assumption, Sadistik, that your ancestry is christian (primarily for examples sake); and anyone else here for that matter. Now considering that black metal is primarily anti-christian and shows much hate for those who participate in it, wouldn't you be listening to music that passionately hates your ancestry? My family (not my direct family) is heavily christian and here I listen to music that despises my family. Just a thought that came to mind, that I personally found kind of funny in my situation. I was wondering what you guys may have thought of this...?

Religion is a choice, not an inborn, inherent trait. Kind of a different thing than racial background (which gets kind of tangles when it comes to Jews considering it's both a religion AND ethnicity, and trying to deal with the two separately can be considered offensive, ha ha)...

Ebullition said:
What do personal (political) ideological views have to do with appreciating a band? As long as they, - the (political) ideological views-, are not (explicitly) mentioned within the lyrics (or music) it should not matter.

If, for instance Aborym band members were supporters of extreme rightwinged political ideas while none of their ideological views are expressed in their lyrics or their music; and you were still to sell the albums by them that you own motivated purely by the band members personal political conviction, you would be discriminating. This I find extremely closeminded.

Now if their lyrics were full of nazi propaganda, or any other political or ideological propaganda that you can not identify with, for that matter- you would have a valid point of dislikeing their albums and thus of selling them. But selling them because members of a band have convictions that are not to your likeling is, as stated before: lame. Even if your grandparents were put in concentrationcamps.

I would like to go into this matter deeper but alas time does not permit me to do so.

^*^

Note: I am not implying that Aborym are nazi's - I just used them as a example since the post is about them.

discriminating??? what the fuck???

i find nothing surprising in the notion that someone (sadistik) would not want to buy cds by a band that were Nazis and had political ideals which were specifically hateful of his own heritage (i am inferring that his heritage is jewish).

there's no sense in telling a jew he shouldn't discriminate against practising nazis!!!! how ridiculous!

there is nothing strange or absurd about abstaining from supporting, funding, even liking a band on the grounds of ideologies you fundamentally disagree with. if there was a band who were all black and wrote entirely racist anti-white lyrics and had anti-white ideological views. i wouldn't care if their music was any good i wouldn't buy it. i'd burn it if i had it.

this DOESN'T mean that you are close-minded or ignorant and dislike MUSIC because of an artist's beliefs, (sadistik never claimed to have suddenly disliked aborym music) it means that you object to their beliefs on such a scale that you choose not to associate yourself with them in any way.

Jim LotFP said:
Religion is a choice, not an inborn, inherent trait. Kind of a different thing than racial background (which gets kind of tangles when it comes to Jews considering it's both a religion AND ethnicity, and trying to deal with the two separately can be considered offensive, ha ha)...

Exactly! And My family heritage is mixed...my moms side is Prtestant and my dads side is Hungarian-Austrian Jews...his parents were the ones in camps....as for my direct parents they are atheist/agnostic, respectively......

Christianity is a acquired or transmitted belief system that requires one to consider all other beleifs (and thusly believers) as inherently inferior (under the guise of "loving them")......Someone, how ever, can not help being born whatever race they are. therefore, hating someone for being Jewish is as stupid as saying "hey you, stop being whit!"...you can't help being white, just as they can't help being Jewish, or me being half Jewish by blood.

I am not saying they are the same. I guess, that is why I should have made another topic about it. Like I SAID clearly, it was just a thought that I had.