Something Borknagar said

GONE Ridin' Hood

Professor.
Jul 8, 2005
When I was on my trip in Europe, I bought a few metal mags :) , one of them was Terrorizer #152 :kickass: . Within it, there is an article about Borknagar. It's a normall article, nothing extraordinary :rolleyes: . They (well Øystein) basically talk about the new album. But there was a phrase that was higlighted that really caught my attention, mainly because it is 100% true. It said:

" I sse a lot of the same symptoms in the extreme metal scene today that you find in the pop industry. 'Origin' is statement of our unwillingness to bend over for commercial intentions. "

I was really schocked at 1st, but when ye think about it it's totally true.

What do ye think? :zombie:

_ LBRH :kickass:

I think he's basically trying to point out that Borknagar will never be a sell-out conformist metalband.

that makes them one of a kind

Despite popular opinion (reviews and such), I found Origin to be a very unconventional acoustic album by a metal band. It seems that there's a definite trend when bands do acoustic albums, but with Origin (and also worth mentioning, Drudkh's Songs Of Grief And Solitude) I found it to be very different. More to the point, acoustic not for the sake of being acoustic, but rather art which is better expressed through another medium as opposed to its conventional medium.

Despite popular opinion (reviews and such), I found Origin to be a very unconventional acoustic album by a metal band. It seems that there's a definite trend when bands do acoustic albums, but with Origin (and also worth mentioning, Drudkh's Songs Of Grief And Solitude) I found it to be very different. More to the point, acoustic not for the sake of being acoustic, but rather art which is better expressed through another medium as opposed to its conventional medium.

I agree, it is definitely like nothing I've heard before from the metal world!

I actually prefer that Drudkh cd to origin, it is very expressive instrumental music, good stuff.

the average metal head still doesn't "get" Borknagar as far as I'm concerned. They are a totally unique musical force and a definate acquired taste. But they have come a long way...the albums before Quintessence suck ass.

the average metal head still doesn't "get" Borknagar as far as I'm concerned. They are a totally unique musical force and a definate acquired taste. But they have come a long way...the albums before Quintessence suck ass.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Well I guess it's a matter of taste, you may not like them but they're DEFINETLY NOT bad albums! :rolleyes:

They :headbang: :kickass: PWN :worship: :) .

now i am under the impression that you dont know what the hell you are talking about man.. Borknagar isnt an acquired taste.. the first time i heard them i fell in love with their musical talent.. and no the albums before Quintessence do NOT suck ass... you've gone and fell off your damn rocker man

The Olden Domain is one of Borknagar's underrated albums, yet one of their best. imo ~_~;

TOD is one of the best black/folk albums of ALL times... combines one of the best viking/folk vocals of the scene (garm) with the ancient and the strongest black metal essence... with Empiricism, TOD is my favourite Borknagar album and one of my black/folk favourite albums.

maybe this guy never had listened the eye of oden, the winterway, a tale of pagan tongue (wow!) and the almighty the dawn of the end...

this guy doesn't like the black token, oceans rise, witching hour, winter millenium... ?.... WTF

i can't understand how someone can say TAC, TOD and Borknagar sucks... that guy doesn't understand nothing.

About Origin, Borknagar will never release an album to sell CD's and to earn some money... these guys makes all that they want and nothing more else matters...

^ I totally agree with ye :) , specially on the part that it's not an acquired taste.

Th 1st Bork cd I heard was Quintesscence, and I instantly loved it!!! :headbang:

*sings*

"Ruinns of the Future...".

:kickass:

TOD is one of the best black/folk albums of ALL times... combines one of the best viking/folk vocals of the scene (garm) with the ancient and the strongest black metal essence... with Empiricism, TOD is my favourite Borknagar album and one of my black/folk favourite albums.

maybe this guy never had listened the eye of oden, the winterway, a tale of pagan tongue (wow!) and the almighty the dawn of the end...

this guy doesn't like the black token, oceans rise, witching hour, winter millenium... ?.... WTF

i can't understand how someone can say TAC, TOD and Borknagar sucks... that guy doesn't understand nothing.

About Origin, Borknagar will never release an album to sell CD's and to earn some money... these guys makes all that they want and nothing more else matters...

exactly man.... that guy knows nothing of what he is talking about... i sure as hell hope he doesnt consider himself a dedicated Borknagar fan because he would be sadly mistaken.

and yeah Lilbloodredriding hood.... im sure any true Borknbagar fan would agree on that.. they sure as hell arent an acquired taste.. their musical talent should be apparent the first time you listen to them.. i mean hell... the first song i heard from them is Soulsphere... and i instantly fell in love with them