Something silly to do tonight, Tues, July 31st!

Doodoobubbachuck

Maidens' drums
Aug 2, 2002
theironmaidens.com
If you're reeeeeeeealy bored and just looking to get outta the house tonight, bomb on by the Slidebar in Fullerton for a couple sets of 80's glam metal done all girl style! Tee hee! It's a fun bar with stiff drinks and good food and a silly band playing 2 sets of classic 80's glam metal!!!!! 10:30pm and again at midnight! :headbang:

The Slide Bar is located at:
124 E. Commonwealth Ave.
Fullerton, California 92832
US
Cost:Free!

Please call (714) 871-2233 for more info.

Band info:
http://www.myspace.com/valleydollsrock

Linda,
I'm speaking for myself but perhaps others on the forum as well when I say (or write) that I am always glad to be informed about your other projects and do hope to catch them when I can (same goes for all other members of the band).
Unfortunately, making SD to Fullerton on a day notice on a weeknight is A) a little too little notice for me and B) I got other stuff I'm occupied with. So I'll have to wait to Saturday at the Swap Meet to see ya again.
Curiosity: I recall from your interview in Drum that you had an unspecified side project you were scheming on. Is this it? Or is there yet another side project you will continue to be the Queen of Suspense about?

I did read through the gag bio on the myspace page you linked for us. One suggestion, while it was indeed quite funny, and I'm no marketing expert, but somehow I imagine that if you are going to use innuendo and outright sex jokes, don't ruin it at the end by using the bands initials which are VD. :erk: :puke: :cry:

Or was this a conscious and deliberately diabolic attempt, done in the hopes that some poor guy will innocently and unwittingly actually say to his friends, "Hey guys, I'm going over to the slide bar tonite to catch a little bitta VD":lol: :devil: :lol: :devil:

Linda,
I'm speaking for myself but perhaps others on the forum as well when I say (or write) that I am always glad to be informed about your other projects and do hope to catch them when I can (same goes for all other members of the band).
Unfortunately, making SD to Fullerton on a day notice on a weeknight is A) a little too little notice for me and B) I got other stuff I'm occupied with. So I'll have to wait to Saturday at the Swap Meet to see ya again.
Curiosity: I recall from your interview in Drum that you had an unspecified side project you were scheming on. Is this it? Or is there yet another side project you will continue to be the Queen of Suspense about?

I did read through the gag bio on the myspace page you linked for us. One suggestion, while it was indeed quite funny, and I'm no marketing expert, but somehow I imagine that if you are going to use innuendo and outright sex jokes, don't ruin it at the end by using the bands initials which are VD. :erk: :puke: :cry:

Or was this a conscious and deliberately diabolic attempt, done in the hopes that some poor guy will innocently and unwittingly actually say to his friends, "Hey guys, I'm going over to the slide bar tonite to catch a little bitta VD":lol: :devil: :lol: :devil:

Thanks Matt, that's nice to know. :) See you Saturday. :kickass: No, this is not the unspecified side project mentioned in DRUM Mag; I've been doing this gig on and off for the last 6 years :loco: . Have a great week!

TY!!!! It was a blast! Some unexpected suprise visits from friends was awesome! In case you live in the Fullerton area, the Slide Bar is a rock based bar (not a metal bar, a rock bar) with excellent food and drinks and a rock theme throughout the place. It is owned by a member of LIT and a kewl hang in the OC. Many people who came from my myspace said they never even knew there was a rock bar in this part of town so they were happy to find a new place! They even played Iron Maiden videos while we were playing our sets! LOL! I had to look away so I wouldn't get oh so distracted! :lol:

So what songs did you play Linda? (Or anyone else that went). I know I have an obsession with setlists!! :loco:

LOL! Don't throw tomatoes!!! Here goes: (Sorry about all caps, I just cut n pasted.......)

JUNGLE
ROCK YOU LIKE A HURRICANE
PHOTOGRAPH
BANG YOUR HEAD/METAL HEALTH
LIVIN ON A PRAYER
ROUND AND ROUND
TALK DIRTY TO ME
SHOOK ME ALL NIGHT LONG

I WANNA ROCK
CRAZY TRAIN
HERE I GO AGAIN
DEAD OR ALIVE
RUN TO THE HILLS

DOWN BOYS
POUR SOME SUGAR ON ME
SLIDE IT IN
HOME SWEET HOME

WE’RE NOT GONNA TAKE IT
HIGHWAY TO HELL
YOU GIVE LOVE A BAD NAME
SWEET CHILD

ANOTHER THING COMING
SHAKE ME
LIVEWIRE

LOL! Don't throw tomatoes!!! Here goes: (Sorry about all caps, I just cut n pasted.......)

JUNGLE
PHOTOGRAPH
LIVIN ON A PRAYER
ROUND AND ROUND
TALK DIRTY TO ME
SHOOK ME ALL NIGHT LONG

I WANNA ROCK
CRAZY TRAIN
HERE I GO AGAIN
DEAD OR ALIVE
RUN TO THE HILLS

DOWN BOYS
POUR SOME SUGAR ON ME
SLIDE IT IN
HOME SWEET HOME

WE’RE NOT GONNA TAKE IT
HIGHWAY TO HELL
YOU GIVE LOVE A BAD NAME
SWEET CHILD

ANOTHER THING COMING
SHAKE ME
LIVEWIRE

I would never throw tomatoes at you Linda, not unless you asked me too!! :lol: Thank you for posting that.

Jungle - as in Welcome To The Jungle? What a fantastic setlist!!! Poison, Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, Motley Crue - I love it!! :headbang:

I don't know some of the songs so could you fill in the ones I don't know please.

JUNGLE - GNR?
ROCK YOU LIKE A HURRICANE - Scorpions
PHOTOGRAPH - Def Leppard
LIVIN ON A PRAYER - Bon Jovi
ROUND AND ROUND
TALK DIRTY TO ME - Poison
SHOOK ME ALL NIGHT LONG - AC/DC
I WANNA ROCK - Twisted Sister
CRAZY TRAIN - Ozzy
HERE I GO AGAIN - Whitesnake
DEAD OR ALIVE
RUN TO THE HILLS - I dunno, who could this be??

DOWN BOYS
POUR SOME SUGAR ON ME - Def Leppard
SLIDE IT IN - Whitesnake
HOME SWEET HOME - Motley Crue
WE’RE NOT GONNA TAKE IT - Twisted Sister
HIGHWAY TO HELL - AC/DC
YOU GIVE LOVE A BAD NAME - Bon Jovi
SWEET CHILD - Aerosmith
ANOTHER THING COMING - Judas Priest
SHAKE ME
LIVEWIRE - Motley Crue

JUNGLE
PHOTOGRAPH
LIVIN ON A PRAYER
ROUND AND ROUND
TALK DIRTY TO ME
SHOOK ME ALL NIGHT LONG

I WANNA ROCK
CRAZY TRAIN
HERE I GO AGAIN
DEAD OR ALIVE
RUN TO THE HILLS

DOWN BOYS
POUR SOME SUGAR ON ME
SLIDE IT IN
HOME SWEET HOME

WE’RE NOT GONNA TAKE IT
HIGHWAY TO HELL
YOU GIVE LOVE A BAD NAME
SWEET CHILD

ANOTHER THING COMING
SHAKE ME
LIVEWIRE

I would never throw tomatoes at you Linda, not unless you asked me too!! :lol: Thank you for posting that.

Jungle - as in Welcome To The Jungle? What a fantastic setlist!!! Poison, Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, Motley Crue - I love it!! :headbang:

I don't know some of the songs so could you fill in the ones I don't know please.

JUNGLE - GNR?
PHOTOGRAPH - Def Leppard
ROUND AND ROUND
CRAZY TRAIN - Ozzy
DEAD OR ALIVE

DOWN BOYS
SLIDE IT IN - Whitesnake
HIGHWAY TO HELL - AC/DC
SWEET CHILD - Aerosmith
SHAKE ME
LIVEWIRE - Motley Crue

JUNGLE
PHOTOGRAPH
LIVIN ON A PRAYER
ROUND AND ROUND
TALK DIRTY TO ME
SHOOK ME ALL NIGHT LONG

I WANNA ROCK
CRAZY TRAIN
HERE I GO AGAIN
DEAD OR ALIVE
RUN TO THE HILLS

DOWN BOYS
POUR SOME SUGAR ON ME
SLIDE IT IN
HOME SWEET HOME

WE’RE NOT GONNA TAKE IT
HIGHWAY TO HELL
YOU GIVE LOVE A BAD NAME
SWEET CHILD

ANOTHER THING COMING
SHAKE ME
LIVEWIRE

JUNGLE - GNR?
PHOTOGRAPH - Def Leppard
ROUND AND ROUND
CRAZY TRAIN - Ozzy
DEAD OR ALIVE

DOWN BOYS
SLIDE IT IN - Whitesnake
HIGHWAY TO HELL - AC/DC
SWEET CHILD - Aerosmith
SHAKE ME
LIVEWIRE - Motley Crue

BANG YOUR HEAD/METAL HEALTH - Quiet Riot
ROUND AND ROUND - Ratt
SHAKE ME - Cinderella

Tee hee! This is fun! Here's more fill in's:

Yes, you're correct, Jungle is Welcome to the Jungle - GNR
Down Boys - Warrant
(Wanted) Dead or Alived - Bon Jovi
Sweet Child (O Mine) - more GNR

Next Little Dolls show is in Washington @ the Powerbox festival (hmmm....all female and called power box....okay then!) and then maybe one in Vegas early September. Nothing local as of now. Thank You for asking!!! :oops: :) :headbang:

That set list was awesome! That stuff is still a billion times better than most of the music that's out there right now!