Something uber funny I just remembered

Soul of Ice

Rusted Angel
Jul 29, 2002
Yonkers
Visit site
During my show last saturday (unfortunately seems like no one listened :cry: ) It was a good show, more should have listened. Well thats my supreme correct opinion anyway.

Back to what i was talking about (I get off track easy). Anyway, during my show I got a call from some "listener". They sound pre-teen and i cant really make their sex out from their voice. They asked me if I play "hard rock" Im like "umm yeah, havent you been listening to the show?" They say "no" So i ask "what do you want to hear?" They say "can you play some Avril Lavigne? The song Complicated" then i hear someone in the backround start singing the chorus. "I politely say I really dont play that music, you must have called the wrong radio station."

I or my station will never play any upper middle class wanna be badass punk high school drop out idiotic commercial crack whore who doesnt even write her own music. Well, I wont at least.

On a side note MY SHOWS PERMANENT TIME SLOT IS SATURDAY 1-2:30 PM EST AT www.whrwfm.org

*swinging pocket watch* You are getting very sleepy...sleepy...You will listen...OR DIE!!!!

That actually reminds me of a less funny, but similar story. I did a death metal show for a while (well, not all death metal since we played a little Symphony X among other things) and we got a caller one time asking for At the Drive In, not exactly something we play. So I politely tell the person that we don't really play that diring the show (this is a college station, so we have many different shows of all music genres), but he insisted that if we didn't, he'd be really pissed and started to get a little crazy. So I just said "well, we'll ask our listeners and see what the consensus is. I hung up the phone, put in "At The Gates" and said "To the guy that just requested At the Drive In...Sorry, you've been outvoted. Here's some At The Gates instead!"

Guy never called back.

How can u d0 sUcH a thang??!?!?!?!?!!!11 Avril is da best, hardest punk-rawker in tha world!!!

See the "bands you don`t like" thread for my comments about her. Kudos to you for dealing with the situation like that.