Something wrong with my guitar

Jevil

Pro Evolution Fucker
Apr 18, 2006
Basque Country
www.soulitude-web.com
I've got a korean Jackson RR3 with Neck and Bridge DH6 Seymour Duncan humbuckers. When I play palm mute and try to cut or stop sound, I can hear a little tail sound like if it were a reverb. It is not appreciable when I am on stage but now I want to record some shredding tracks with this guitar.

Humbuckers are not the problem cause it also happened years ago with the original ones.

I hope I can upload some sample tomorrow.

has it got a trem on it?
if so damp the springs, then put a headband round the top of the nut.
shazam

+1

It's most likely the trem springs if you have one, and/or the strings above the nut resonating. Put a small piece of foam under or between the trem springs to deal with the problem.

I've got a korean Jackson RR3 with Neck and Bridge DH6 Seymour Duncan humbuckers. When I play palm mute and try to cut or stop sound, I can hear a little tail sound like if it were a reverb. It is not appreciable when I am on stage but now I want to record some shredding tracks with this guitar.

Humbuckers are not the problem cause it also happened years ago with the original ones.

I hope I can upload some sample tomorrow.

I just recorded a gibson with the same issue, we put a headband round the nut, worked like a charm.

Yes, it has a classic 3 spring trem on it, but I did not undertand how to do what you suggest, what do you mean by "nut"?
Sorry, the english I learnt was not for guitar players and some technical words are out of my vocabulary.

4vq0uut.jpg