Sometimes I just love doing interviews. :)

Jim LotFP

The Keeper of Metal
Jun 7, 2001
Helsinki, Finland
www.lotfp.com
'allo...

So I'm transcribing about a dozen interviews in parts, to keep myself from getting bored of any one interview because even after all this time it takes me hours of time to transcribe one hour of conversation.

From Novembre's Carmelo Orlando when asked why he's a musician:
"But it’s music itself that tells me, “You have to play.” The music wants to get into this reality through the musicians. I really feel to be a sort of slave. The music is a master that says what I have to do."

There are musicians on this forum. Please, discuss the validity of this statement. :)

:cry: words like that bring tears to my eyes. Sometimes I can't even sleep cause I have riffs bagin' around my head until I get up and work them out and tab'em or record'em for future use

Well, I am listening to Novembre right now and however he creates this is fine with me.:)

In response to his statement, I agree in that the music is his actual inner aggression, emotions....etc...fighting it's way out through the music.

Originally posted by Jim LotFP
'allo...

So I'm transcribing about a dozen interviews in parts, to keep myself from getting bored of any one interview because even after all this time it takes me hours of time to transcribe one hour of conversation.

From Novembre's Carmelo Orlando when asked why he's a musician:
"But it’s music itself that tells me, “You have to play.” The music wants to get into this reality through the musicians. I really feel to be a sort of slave. The music is a master that says what I have to do."

There are musicians on this forum. Please, discuss the validity of this statement. :)

YES! Completely true! Some melodies/riffs just drive you nuts when they're in your head and you have to find a guitar or piano to transcribe them (I don't have perfect pitch or good theory people...)

One time I came up with a lead while I was taking a shit...I was like "must...find...guitar..." :lol: